Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been in my yard this afternoon working on my decorations... and ALL AFTERNOON clean white vans STUFFED full of adults have been screeching to a stop out front. They seem to be looking for something in my yard. Not a few vans... it's been ALL afternoon. No one will actually talk to me. There are no markings on the vans. Then they rush off...

Now we live in a tiny town in Northeast PA and this his highly unusual. It's been going on all afternoon. The vans are full and I SWEAR a lot of them look like zombies. Just plain PA license plates... Once in a while there are bloody hand prints on the vans.

Should I be freaked out?!?! LOL

So the one van rolled down the window and whispered... I swear they whispered 'Are you part of The Dig?' I said no. Everyone in the van was in jail suits with ghost faces. When I said no... they screeched GO GO GO GO and took off hooting and hollering.

I couldn't take it anymore and I finally just stood in front of one of the vans as it stopped. I asked WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?! The van had temporary paint on the window that said 'Can You Dig It?'. That is all. They just shut their mouths and would not answer. But they had clipboards.

Soooooo for the love of Halloween... WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?!

hahahaha Looks like fun and it's really cool our Halloween display is a part of it.

I think. :eek:

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Wow-- Sounds interesting. It does seem that if your yard is part of it, they should let you in on it! I bet in retrospect you wish you'd said you were part of the dig. After all, you must be, in a way...

Ah ha!
http://www.gravedig.com/

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you ooojen!! I googled and googled and could not find anything! That is soooo interesting! Looks like they were all having a lot of fun! What a hoot!
I wonder if they will back next year. I'll be ready with a camera. hahahahaha

From the website...

"Greetings Mortal,

Thank you for your interest in The Great Halloween Grave DIG

If you are not familiar with the DIG, it is a unique adult competitive event, originated with the intent to bring diverse groups of people together for an adventurous mental and physical romp.

There are two parts, the DIG Vampire Hunt itself, and the GRAVE DIGGER'S BALL which follows the Hunt."

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it this?

http://www.gravedig.com/

Found thanks to the Google. You made me so curious!
Edit: Too late! How do you delete these posts?
No need to edit. I appreciate the help. I was googling using local tourist town names... that is why I didn't find it. I thought one of the local Pocono attractions was holding the event. There are a lot of 'fall foliage' tours in our area, but THIS...

vans full of zombies? ROFL This was new. hahahaha

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
Hilda,be prepared for this to become a regular thing. While they seem to not want to provide any details to the public, they actually manage to give enough information to make it clear this is an annual event held each year in northeast PA, and the event has been happening since 2005. Odds are in years past, they probably had the six-person teams use their own transportation and this year started providing the white vans, making the event stand out in a rather unexpected way.

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hilda,be prepared for this to become a regular thing. While they seem to not want to provide any details to the public, they actually manage to give enough information to make it clear this is an annual event held each year in northeast PA, and the event has been happening since 2005. Odds are in years past, they probably had the six-person teams use their own transportation and this year started providing the white vans, making the event stand out in a rather unexpected way.
Have I mentioned how much I love Halloween people? Too cool!

At first I thought it was the fall foliage seekers taking a detour past my house... but then the bloody handprints on the back door of one of the vans was my first clue that this was no ordinary event. hahahaha

·
Registered
189 Posts
That's pretty cool but it would totally freak me out to have no one tell me whats going on!!

Reactions: Hilda

·
Registered
356 Posts
That is freaking amazing. How much fun---but also sort of scary at the same time.

We have an escaped murderer on the loose in our area right now. He killed someone a few weeks ago and managed to escape the jail this afternoon. He is much closer to my parents than us, but it is scary. Consisderd very dangerous and they are searing cars in the area and going door to door.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts