Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my haunt is going to be haunted mansion themed, and i already have a foyer, madame leota, gallery, graveyard, endless hallway, but now i'm stumped. can anyone give my ideas, haunted mansion wise? it would really help.

·
Pirate of the Puget Sound
715 Posts
"Welcome, foolish mortal, to HalloweenForum.com!" (sorry, I couldn't resist)

Perhaps you can share some photos of your HM setup so we can get a better idea?

If you search the forum, you will find a LOT of HM-related props, ideas and photos from other haunters.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I am thinking of a nice cheese spread. Everyone loves cheese.(Joking)

How about hiden panels with ghosts popping out?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Col. mustard in the libary with a candlestick.Oh sorry flashback.what happened in the mansion to make it haunted?If you can think of the story then the props will come.the props should carry the theme.But I would think alot of ghosts.also look at the disney one and see how they carry it off then look for props that carry that thought and put your own twist on it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ya gotta have the singing busts' Grim Grinning Ghosts being sung. I downloaded a vid from Youtube and it's an acapella version, added the music to the background, and projected them, via a projector, onto styrofoam heads that I carved and added a faux stone texture to. You can also use a disco ball with small ghosts being projected onto it so that it looks like spirits are floating by the hundreds, as in the Dining room/cemetary.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
how about the crypt from haunted mansion the movie, or an overgrown (jungle like) sun room, or the great room with w/ a wicked fireplace, or another hallway where certain doors open for scares....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow

all very good ideas. i'll have some pics ready when i make some progress. right now i'm making my own version of the hatbox ghost. yes i am using a pepper's ghost effect, but the popping out ghosts might be tricky for me. the hitchhiking ghosts are in there but i added a twist (show you later). There's not a kitchen in the haunted mansion, and that might look too gorey. I'm not sure where i should put the bride but i do have a crypt with a casket with rising lid. I don't know how i should make the singing busts, cuz i'm already using my projector for madame leota. the hundreds of ghosts sound really good, and i am making an endless hallway. i had to do a lot of research to figure out how they did it. apparently the endless hallway is extremely short. thanks for all the help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts