Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stuck inside with the blizzard all day, and of course thinking of Halloween. I was wondering if anyone had a real ghost experience. I have heard drawers opening and closing when no one else is home, got a real creepy feeling sometimes walking into a room, but never really saw anything.
I know an older woman died in the house sitting in a chair in the living room, nothing suspicious just old age. Just wondering if someone actually
experienced a real ghostly encounter.

·
Super Moderator
5,836 Posts
I'm sure Gym will be by soon...

I was told our house was haunted, someone died during original construction, and whatnot. I've yet to see any evidence here.

I used to work at a place that was widely considered haunted. Picture that warehouse where the Ark was stuffed in Indiana Jones. Yes, govt warehouse with assorted large crates just like that. No I can't tell you what was in them. Yes, TOP MEN were working on that as we speak.

Anyway.

Equivalent of 4 football fields under the roof. Small office area. Usually ALONE, though one other employee stationed there, we were usually one of us out running and one manning the shop.

Wasn't long before I heard the haunted stories. And I started actively encouraging them and pranking people that visited in order to spread MORE of them. I had lights rigged to where I could make them go on or off when "no one could have been doing it". There were certain less than conspicuous paths I could sneak up and move things behind someone without them seeing me, thus thinking it must be the ghost. Etc.

And there were days weird things would happen.

Footsteps. Honest to god footsteps out in the place, and they sounded like they were following you around...I tracked that down to a water leak, the drip echoing around one of the football field bays just right to make it sound right behind you always.

Demonic Voices. A lord knows how old megaphone somehow was sort of picking up talk radio during a thunderstorm.

Motion sensors that only triggered when something of human size and body heat moved being triggered with no one there...the heaters hitting a big cob web.

But, there was only one thing I have no explanation for. We found a locked closet way in the back behind some crates. Inside were just boxes of pictures, so we decorated the office with them. I come to work one day to find one of the pictures on the floor in the middle of the room. Odd, but I just put it back up on the wall and wondered how it had fallen so far.

I'm at one end of the office, my coworker at the other we face each other, the picture is between us on the wall to my left. As we are sitting there working there's a loud crash, and that picture is 4 ft from the wall in the middle of the room absolutely shattered. Neither of us saw it happen, but it was only one crash, so it didn't hit the table just under the picture and then fall onto the floor, it had to have left the wall with enough force to clear the table and end up on the floor.

We did not rehang that pic anywhere, or any others on that wall. No other incidents.

·
Registered
902 Posts
We have the spirit of a young girl in our home, we hear her all the time, stuff gets moved around, and a few times we would be watching a movie in our home theater and a shadow of a small hand would go across the bottom of the screen. Not sure why she would be in the house, it was built in 2002, but I furnished it with antiques, so maybe she was attached to one of them, not sure. It is funny when a guest hears or sees something, they're like what the hell was that?!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I grew up in an old house in Pittsburgh that was haunted by two spirits. One of them we knew was the landlords grandfather who had died in the house. He was a jazz musician so we would occasionally hear the sounds of a saxophone being played from the basement, when we first heard it my parents looked all over for a radio or anything left behind in the basement that could have played music but we couldn't find anything, when my parents mentioned it to the landlord that's when she explained her grandfather would practice in the basement with his old band. The second one seemed to stay upstairs but we never found out who it was but we would have the bedroom doors randomly open and close and you could always feel when you weren't alone.

This house I am in now is also haunted.. my fiance and I bought this house a year ago and we had found out the previous owner has died in the house, luckily it was a peaceful passing from old age and from what I've heard from the neighbors she was a kind older woman. We haven't had much activity but we have had the doors open, occasional sounds of someone walking, and once I found one of my heels sitting upright outside of my closest when I got home from work, we joked that maybe she liked my shoes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts