Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on Halloween morning, my son gets a gift from the "Great Pumpkin". He's five and loves it. All it consists of is a trick or treat pail, filled with candy and little toys. This year so far I got him a coffin shaped box filled with gummy body parts, a Dracula head spinner, a Halloween light up bracelet. Still have some shopping to do. But it seems I am the only one that does this or think it's cute and fun....I don't know, it just makes the holiday for him just that more special and magical!

F

·
0 Posts
I don't do that but that sounds like a really neat idea!

I have been reading my girls the book version of "Its the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown", I have been trying to read them Halloween related childrens books since the 1st of October.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My son's school just placed their scholastic order and we ordered 5 books, all Halloween related. I can't wait till they get here!

F

·
0 Posts
I did too!! I hope they get in before Halloween. My daughter is in Kindergarten so I am not sure, but how long does it take for those to come in usually?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I think its a great idea, its a sweet tradition he will always remember. I still look back on special little things like that my parents would do for me. I probably would go light on the candy though since they get so much for trick or treating , I like the idea of small toys, maybe a Halloween coloring book and I love the idea of halloween related story books. I would keep things in the halloween theme. I might do something like this on a small scale. Very cute idea Willodean.

·
It's a trick. Get an axe.
2,323 Posts
My sons are 10, and they still get gifts from the Great Pumpkin on Halloween! It doesn't matter that they're old enough to realize what's up, it's just fun. I do avoid candy though, as disembodied just mentioned, because they get scores of that while TOT'ing.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I dont have kids yet..8( BUT a lot of my friends do...each year I go buy a few toys and some candy, stuff them in a trick or treat pumpkin and go to thier houses and drop them off on the steps with a note from the Halloween Goblin. Just something I made up a couple years ago, the kids love it!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw at the store a bunch of Halloween coloring books, stickers and tattoos. He LOVES tattoos so I'll be picking those up today after work! Knowing me, I'll probably still do this for him when he's a teenager :D

F

·
0 Posts
I saw at the store a bunch of Halloween coloring books, stickers and tattoos. He LOVES tattoos so I'll be picking those up today after work! Knowing me, I'll probably still do this for him when he's a teenager :D
Our Wal-Mart has tons and tons of Halloween books, coloring books etc.
I used to buy them new Halloween jammies every time I went into Wal-Mart, they don't have them this year so I guess I will just keep buying books, lol.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
We used to do it. My older sons weren't really into it. My oldest is too literal, he said "But Mom, the Great Pumpkin is just a movie!". Way to kill my spirit, kid. haha! I think we quit when it got to the point that there just wasn't anything new on the shelves, that we didn't already have something similar to it.

They're 12 & 13 this year, and I don't think my 2 yr old would really get it yet. I think it's cute, though.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL well now you can join in!! Oh, and I also bought him the Mad Monster Party movie, the 70' or 80's version...and of course I always pick up Scooby Doo movies for him too.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have never heard of this before, but it is an awesome idea! I plan on stealing this for whenever I have kids!

·
The Sea Witch
2,447 Posts
oh thats cute!

i probably would have done this (i actually think I had a friend visiting one year at halloween and vaguely remember her doing something like that for the kids) but my daughters bday is just a few days before (and have usually at least started xmas shopping) so..... I'm usually tapped out

there is a lego set i have saved on amazon that my son would like. its not much, i might have to have the great pumpkin visit ;) lolol

F

·
0 Posts
oh thats cute!

i probably would have done this (i actually think I had a friend visiting one year at halloween and vaguely remember her doing something like that for the kids) but my daughters bday is just a few days before (and have usually at least started xmas shopping) so..... I'm usually tapped out

there is a lego set i have saved on amazon that my son would like. its not much, i might have to have the great pumpkin visit ;) lolol
Does it happen to be The Goonies lego set? I saw one, I need it. You can never be too old for Legos!

·
The Sea Witch
2,447 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
That one is cool, too! You should introduce him! My daughter is 6 and she loves it. :)

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Remember Parents, the Halloween season and Grade School activities are a ripe time for potential blackmail a few years down the road..
My Ex, who was not my Son's Mother, made him a "hat" for Kindergarden that was covered with fake furr, that was really shredded (New-Unused) tampon material.
It "Worked!"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts