Halloween Forum banner

141 - 160 of 328 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
http://www.rottenapple907.com/how_to_documents/AleinEggEASY.pdf

I made 5 of the alien eggs from the above link and I do an alien nesting site in the full bathroom. I put the eggs in the tub with lots of that bright green spider web and I have a few other alien related props. (I need to take pictures!)
The glow sticks on the toilet seat would be perfect in that bathroom! Thanks!

The 1/2 bath downstairs is the Bloody Mary room. I printed a picture of bloody mary on transparancy film and I tape it to the mirror. Then I decorate with the vinyl/gel blood drips.

Now I really need to take pictures of the bathroom this year! :)

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
I am doing one bath as a Bat Room and with the large hanging Walgreen's bat, plus another big flying brown bat from there, numerous small ones from various places, and a bat light that hangs on the wall. I also added some spider webs with spiders to the mirror and lots of webs.

The master bath is a Butcher's Room. I used the window clings on my large mirror and plan to write the word LIVE on a big piece of white paper that covered the actual picture hanging across from the vanity mirror. Then when you look in the vanity mirror, it will read EVIL.

I have white cultured marble vanity top and a corner large tub of the same material. I had bought a lot of the gel spatters, but decided to not use them after reading here about the stains. I also read on the package and it warned about stains. I am going to try to pick up some more of the bloody clings. I have thought about using bath salts colored red, but I don't want to have the tub filled. In the corner tub I have lots of body parts. I would like to know about other safe alternatives for blood splatters, too.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I saw a toilet in a book where he used wax to put bloody hand prints on the toilet, and he colored the water read, not sure how it was executed though, it didn't say.

I purchased a shower curtain that plays the psycho music and screaming, and has blood all over it. It wasn't the one I wanted, but it was the one the store carried and I didn't want to order online. I think the sound on it is great though and hopefully doesn't scare anyone too much!

My bathroom is lime green, so I'm putting a red lightbulb in it to make it spooky. I haven't tested what it looks like yet, but I'm looking forward to it!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Looks great!! What did you use for the handprints on the sink, splotches on the side of the toilet? Did you use those gel stick things??
Thanks! They're not the gel things. They're the...window stickers for lack of better words. Like, the things that are not sticky, but they will stick to windows and other smooth surfaces. They're great, because i can stick them all over my bathroom and not worry about stains.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Bath room

here was our guest bath from 2008

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have the same shower curtain and severed head! Too funny, my bathroom won't look quite like that though, it's too small, and the severed head is hanging from the living room ceiling.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm doing an exorcist bathroom.
So far I have:

a Linda Blair head hanging from the ceiling

A green glow stick taped to the back of the toilet for creepy lighting.

I was thinking of writing 'the power of Christ compels you' on the wall in blood.

Any other suggestions?
I don't know if you still need suggestions but what if you nailed a cross loosely by the bottom onto the wall so when they shut the door it turned upside down?

I haven't done it but it should work well. People would probably try to fix it anyways before they left the bathroom and if someone goes in without it being fixed first, it still fits the theme.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have the same shower curtain and severed head! Too funny, my bathroom won't look quite like that though, it's too small, and the severed head is hanging from the living room ceiling.
We are in a different house this year, so the whole house has to be revamped.
RSVPs are in ,and i think we are close to 100 PPL for this years party.

·
Mostly Harmless
1,328 Posts
Last year we did a serial killer theme. We used the kitchen for the kill/ disposal room.
And we used the bathroom for the clean up area.

We hung bloody, burned, and torn clothing over the shower.

We placed a kill kit around the sink. The kill kit consisted of bloody gloves, duct tape, bloody rope, a dirty blindfold, and variety of bloody weapons (rusted axe, handsaw, variety of old kitchen knives)

We placed bloody handprints on the mirror, counter top, and on the guest towels.

And we placed a black trash bag full of “evidence to be disposed of” next to the trashcan. The trash bag was tied off, stuffed with newspaper, and had a bloody foot sticking out of it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
So how are you all attaching the glow sticks to the underside of the toilet seats? Last year I just tried taping them and the tape would get wet and come undone. Then when the glow sticks fell in the toilet it was kind of embarrassing. You know like someone saw behind the curtain of the "great and powerful Oz". :(

·
Registered
242 Posts
This was our main bathroom last year. We went with a spider theme.

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Buzzard, I love the spider room! I have the hall bathroom that will be a Bat Room again. Last year my masterbath was a Butcher Shop, but I want to move away from that this year. Since I am doing a witches theme, I have been streessing over this room. I thought of having it a Witches Spa, since I have a large corner two person jetted tub. But, then I realized that witches and water don't mix. Plus, I can't put a fully clothed witch in the tub and i don't have nor want a naked one. LOL

So, I am thinking about stealing your idea. I just LOVE this.

Hmm... should I have a witch caught in the web or something else. Also, how hard are the spider cocoons? I remember seeing everyone post about how to make them. I will have to search for it. I really didn't think I wanted them until now.

I also think I bought a giant web last year after Halloween. I know that I picked a silver glittery one up from GW recently. I have a large wall behind the tub that would be great for that. (check out the link in my sig for pictures from last year.) Please offer suggestions.

I am so pumped by this new idea. TFS

Okay, I am back to add more. I just went back and looked at your photos. Where did you find that wonderful spider candle holder. It is fantastic!

I also have numerous large art prints on the walls in there that always give me Halloween decorating fits. I have two 16X20 prints on one side of the tub and then one much larger than that on the back wall, plus another 16X20 and an 11X14. I am so excited to now have a plan. I am off to find some more spiders. I hope that Dollar General still has the large black furry ones. They are great and will be good on the framed photos.

I also am in awe of your large spider on the victim.

I am doing the happy dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts

If I remember correctly since they were a gift, not actually ones that I made myself, but these were made with cut up white tights, then stuffed, tied off, wrapped with some webbing and the spiders attached. But I'm sure there are lots of other techniques on the forum somewhere.

·
>^..^<
802 Posts
For one party, I had collected and printed out articles for six months or so before Halloween about the paranormal, spooky subjects etc - I stuck them up in one bathroom all skewed and then scribbled different kinds of weird equations and arrows and cryptic notes in red ink to make them look like they were gathered by a conspiracy theorist/lunatic/someone onto something...?

The other bathroom I lit with blue/green light and had clumps of seaweed hanging from the curtain on the window and then trailing across the floor to the stall shower, with a little bit of blood and seaweed spattered in the shower on the glass and around the drain. The curtain on the window was the one that had already been there, with fish printed on it, so everyone was already used to it... only, now when they looked at it I had drawn little fangs on the fish (some with tiny flecks of blood). It was subtle but it was one of my favorite rooms. People were really weirded out by it. :D

141 - 160 of 328 Posts