Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done decorating my office. I work in a medical building - Spiderwebs on our big window that you can see from the hallway, candles, a lighted spider and of course....CANDY!
I love to be able to sit in the middle of it all.

Does anyone else decorate at work?

·
Registered
5 Posts
We decorate at my work. Each department decorates with a theme and we dress up according to theme on Halloween. There is a contest as well. We go all out for Halloween at my job.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I always decorate my office. I keep it on the light, fun side of halloween since clients and potential clients come in. My glass pumpkin is out and filled with halloween candy since a couple of weeks ago.

·
Grand Poobah
2,897 Posts
I have been told to think about a theme for our area, but I really am not that motivated. We can't even put stuff up on walls, and my stuff is in storage. I guess the corporate card and a trip to Walmart would cure it...

I'm thinking lights, black sheets, spiderwebs and basic stuff.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'm not working now, but last year I was working at a preschool and they decorated some. Of course, I went through all our stuff in the garage and ended up bringing more stuff to decorate with. The other staff weren't too excited about holidays, so I did the decorating for them. Brian got himself a little Halloween tree and ornaments for his desk at work.

·
Registered
487 Posts
i got my work into halloween so i started to decorate for halloween and have them wear costumes on halloween. They got really into it after the second year and they started to take it beyond that and now we have a party and a halloween contest. I put up ghosts i made with foam sheets and some body put a pumpkin up and disney halloween cling ons.

·
Super Moderator
5,673 Posts
I've had my cube decorated all year. (since someone anonymously left a "halloween is satan's birthday" flyer/pamphlet thing on my desk when I decorated it last year.)

It changes now and then when I get a new something to throw up there. Currently a shrunken head and a crystal skull stare at the door, with my masks hanging on the wall next to them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a planning meeting friday

Trying to get people to help is the hardest part. This year it's going to be a big deal since everyone did awesome on all 3 floors of our building. They are going to be inviting families and kids up this year.

I won last year so I have to bring it. Only problem this time is under budget, and under-staffed... This is going to be hellish...

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
I have a few decorations that I leave up year round...a mini skeleton, a witch PEZ, a mini tombstone.

I actually put out the pumpkin bucket filled with candy about a month ago, hah hah. People have really gotten into that part of it actually. They keep bringing me candy to put in the bucket. That's good co-workers!

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
we decorate but only a small amount and everything is very happy, fluffy halloween stuff. Nothing scary or terribly interesting.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I decorated big time at the firm I worked for in Miami a few years back. We had an office halloween party and me and the "Boo Crew" decorated the law library big time! Everyone's families came up and we had all sorts of fun. My last firm wasn't that into decorating but they did hold pumpkin carving contests for the staff. It was always on Halloween though and I take that day off every year so I always missed it. Im fairly new to the firm im with now and Im not think they are too into the Halloween spirit of things. Im gonna get my JOL and some other small things to put up around my desk area though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've had my cube decorated all year. (since someone anonymously left a "halloween is satan's birthday" flyer/pamphlet thing on my desk when I decorated it last year.)

Oh my god! That is *so* awesome! I hope that you incorporated it into your decorations! I think this year you should buy a cake on the 31st to share with everyone. Because Satan loves cake... it is the Devil's food.

I currently have my Jack Skellington calendar and a human skull on my desk. Ironically, no one was the least bit phased when I took it out of the box.

·
Registered
823 Posts
i never did and this year i will ask the big boss if it's ok to do some around our desk i can't put much cause we are working on a kind of cnc machine and for us not to get hurt near the machine and that area will see what i can come out with if he said yes

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've got my string of blinky skulls up in my cube and my 2' skeleton hanging on the partition. and an appropriate desktop image on my computer.

Might bust out a few more things as time goes on, we'll see.

·
lies dead but dreaming
952 Posts
I work in a campus utility plant ... The steam tunnels are the right atmosphere all year round! (One of these years I want to stand under one of the vents in the main campus mall rattling chains and moaning!) My co-workers do wander into my office on a semi regular basis to see what is on my computer desk top.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts