Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
006.jpg
009.jpg GARGOYLES 002.jpg

i recently acquired a pair of these. they are made out of latex and attached to a wood base. they are approximately 3 ft tall. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks!!!!

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
wow thanks a lot!!! do u have this catalog?
No problem. I do, along with quite a few from years ago, with the exception of one or two, I think.

You, Garthgoyle, are the man.
How on Earth did you track that down?
Thank you, Abunai:D I can barely remember what I had for breakfast most days, though I seem to have a pretty good memory when it comes to things like this, which just shows what is most important:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
AAH! that "Memory-thing!"
I thought I wasn't very smart throughout most of school, then one day when talking about Hot Rod cars I told the person I could find them a picture of the car we had been talking about. At home looking through a stack of various car magazines , it took me mere seconds to locate the magazine and I turned to the right page like I was being told which page that picture was on.
Later I realized I had accidently sort of memorized the stack of magazines and could almost grab a certain car's picture a certain car's story a certain car with a certain engine built-up using certain components....
If my brain (or was my little toe?) could mentally recall such information at will from 150 magazines, why wasn't I getting better grades?
I know. My head capacity had reached it's limit, it was parked full!

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Nice work Garth...wow, that gargoyle was expensive back then
*Bows*:p Thanks, xxScorpion64xx. I know...

it was made by Illusive Concepts , i use to have a mask from them , this is what it looked like ( not my picture)
The mask looks a good deal like the gargoyle prop. I want to say that Mario Chiodo was the artist for that line, or at least one of the main ones if there were others. I remember that the masks were very detailed, absolutely massive, and incredibly cool, although the prices were a bit on the high side (well into the hundreds).

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
Lake of the Dead is correct, that prop was made by illusive concepts. Garthgoyle is also right, Mario Chiodo was most likely the sculptor.

That is a rare and hard to find prop! Nice find!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone. How do u all find out this info. It blows me away. I would love to see some of these catalogs

1 - 14 of 14 Posts