Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im debating on if to sell my costume from last year or not. I did spend alot of money on it and I think I could sell it on ebay or somewhere. What do you guys do? Keep it for sentimental reasons or get rid of it?! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't sell mine. I have built a collection and I can rotate thru over the years. The kids costumes I usually donate to neighborhood children to help and enhance the neighborhood participation.

·
Reanimater of Souls
650 Posts
I always keep mine. Sometimes I modify them into props and the more girly ones i keep for...well...occasional use. Who says dress up is a game for kids? not us lol

·
Registered
183 Posts
same here , i keep them and sometimes alter them.On occasion will lend them....but not too often,usually get trashed that way.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I've donated a couple, but I pretty much hang onto mine, too; it makes things much easier having a variety of choices...

·
The Greatest Pumpkin
752 Posts
I have a big cardboard box full of costumes from my family. Some of em' are from the 80s. I wouldn't sell or give them away, just for sentimental reasons, and the fact that they are awesomely vintage :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
I keep'em and then recycle/ reuse them over the years.
I have lent out a few here and there.
One year my brother showed up with out , so I said dig something out of the closet.
He went in the WRONG closet and pulled out some sweaters from the 80's....
OK, so I need to rethink my current wardrobe.......

·
"They won't stay dead."
1,366 Posts
All the costumes are kept here and end up in a big tote for dress up type games. :D

·
Emperor of Candlewood
4,330 Posts
My Family has donated to a local community center in the past 6-7 years or sold them at a yard sale in prior years. This organization has given out the costumes to kids that my not be fortunate to have bought one any given year. My kids buy new costumes each year and it feels good to give back in a small way. They are only used like once or twice at most so their generally in newer shape.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I usually keep mine and recycle bits and pieces through the years or lend them to friends (usually at least a wig or two are borrowed each year).

·
livin Halloween every day
1,988 Posts
I do under certain circumstances. If I do not use it for a prop or something. I have sold a few to friends that really want them. Also few years back our local yaycees haunted house was going to close down so i sold A bunch of nice masks to them cheap, and the ol haunted house was born again. I do keep most though and I have a huge collection of costumes and accessories.

·
Registered
272 Posts
For the first time, I'm getting ready to put a couple of my daughter's old costumes on eBay. My mom and I always spent a lot of time and energy detailing them, so I'm hesitant to part with some. But there are a couple like her Cinderella costume that my daughter is DYING to part with, as she is now allergic to anything remotely associated with the Disney Princesses. No wonder she made an awesome Wednesday Addams last year. :D

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
I have kept all the ones I have gotten/made. I re wear them, or swap with friends... But if you have an extensive collection or arent planning on wearing again go for it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts