Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the years we started giving them nick-names, and they've become the standard way to refer to them...
Our Gemmy butler is "Eddy", the cauldron-stirring witch "Gretchen". Our FCG is named "Esmirelda" .
We don't have a permanent name for our "Halloween Monster" - we'll have to work on that...
Dr. Shivers insisted on keeping his own name.
Of course, our Psycho inspired dressed skeleton is "Mrs. Bates".
We are introducing a few more this year - I have no idea what their names will be...yet.
What's funny is some of our friends now refer to them by name!

·
Registered
457 Posts
yep all our home made 'people' props have names...the widow is Sarah...the stand up corpsed skellys are Skinny and Slim...the three witches are Janice, Tammy and Faye (after my sisters and myself) LOL

·
My Wonderland is in Ruins
660 Posts
So far we only have one prop with a name; our big vulture that we've named Edgar. :) Been tempted to keep him out all year round since he's become rather endearing.

·
Registered
91 Posts
yes, our witch is called "brunella" her name is given by herself because we use a soundtrack where she says: "My name is Brunella" and our FCG ghost is called "Josephine".

I think most people will do so.

Peter

·
Registered
363 Posts
Our FCG winged skeleton is named Bonehead, our GY corpse is called Yard Creeper and we have a ceramic face and hands we place in front of a tomb marker, we call him "Dirt" Claude (dirt clod) Soilman. We haven't gotten around to naming our graveyard caretaker guy yet our our vampire and scarecrow guy. Although our scarecrow was modeled after the "Gunwitch" from Dan Brereton's comic "The Nocturnals". Here's a pic of the Gunwitch:

The Gunwitch | Nocturnals.com

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Yes!

Harold & Chickie are our 'adopted' Mannequins they were my Husbands grandparents and were already named when we got them. Max & George are our Bucky's named the Zombie year that we got them, still working on naming the FCG but have called her Flo in passing.

Funny thing is this year I was working on the shiatsu half Wolf, well the next day he had my daughters boyfriends hat on and my husband said 'Do you like the hat on Wolfie? I named him that from the Terminator 2 movie" Remember when the terminator was talking to John's 'parents' on the phone and when he asked about Wolfie barking the 'parent' said Yes Wolfie is fine to which Arnold responded 'Your Foster parents are dead'

My husband was so proud of himself for naming a prop!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Anything that is remotely human, or previously human, gets a name. From previous years we have:
- Witchy-Poo our cauldron witch
- Hector, one of our corpses that was a door"man" for our party and former hearse driver
- Lester, another corpse who spent his first year sitting on a bench in our garden, beckoning kids to come have a seat with him...
- Alice is our first crank ghost
-Zeke is our Axworthy Ghost who hasn't made an appearance in a few years because he's always drunk...
- Lou is our green-ish corpse...because he's green like the incredible hulk. :D

We have a bunch more to name this year...time to get creative! Again...

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,521 Posts
Um... I name EVERYTHING just about. :eek:

Two spiders are Webster and Webigail
Stirring cauldron witch I built in the beginning - Witch Hazel
Giant hanging skull guy - Bruce
Mummy - Boris
New shiatsu grave grabber from Secret Reaper: Herman (made by Herman Secret, so I HAD to name him that. ;) )
Hanging Zombie ghoul - Rob (Zombie)
FGC - Annabel Lee

Lots more... glad to see I'm not the only one! :D

·
Scared Silly
1,931 Posts
I name all of my character props after their inspiration

-My first witch is Maggie, for Margaret Hamilton (the Wicked Witch of the West)
-My crystal ball witch is Eleanor, for Eleanor Audley, the voice of Leota (since the witch's eyes are closed, I like to think that she is in a trance and it is her voice emanating from the crystal ball)
-Will the mummy (for Boris Karloff, birthname William Henry Pratt)
-Betty the witch (Betty Danko was Margaret Hamilton's stunt double)
-Dwight the hunchbacked caretaker (Dwight Frye played Fritz in Frankenstein and Renfield in Dracula)
-Alf and Ralf the groundbreaker corpses (Alf and Ralf from Green Acres, just for fun)
-Karl, Frankenstein's Monster (Karloff)
-Marc, the 3-axis skull (Marc Davis, one of the designers of the Haunted Mansion ride)
-Stanley, the 3-axis skull (Stan Winston, creature FX man extrordinaire)
-Walter the talking skull (Walt Disney)

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have a ground breaker that may have originally been called Burnt Bob so I have kept that one. My 12' grim reaper that I used to have was named Reap. I have an old blucky that I always put a cigarette in his mouth to match his led eyes and I call him Marlboro Man. Other than that, I haven't really named anybody, they usually all go by something that is obvious or describes them?!.

·
Registered
493 Posts
My new electric chair prop has been named "The Angry Chair" and it's victim is named "Bob".

My grim reaper is "Gus".

A skull that is stuck on the end of a old broom stick painted black is called "The Death Stick".

Funny enough I have never really decided on a name for the whole haunt. I recently moved into a addition called "Country Lane Estates" so I'm think maybe "Country Lane Graveyard and Asylum".

·
Horror off the Highway
1,795 Posts
Well of course I do lol!
There's Christine my FCG (in my avatar), Samantha my mourner and I have a groundbreaker I named Dave..........after his creator! :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
I've not only named my pirate crew but have written up little back stories for them on my blog. Like Francis and William, my Irish pirates who despite their political differences have become fast friends and enjoy fiddle music and Irish literature. Or Vikram and Betal who sailed together off the east coast of India. Captain Vallo and his sidekick Ojo you might recognize from the classic film The Crimson Pirate. My favorite name background is Chester - he was a generic Halloween prop with a creepy (not in a good way) voice that said something like "Hello, boys and girls. Happy Halloween. Would you like to come in for some candy?" We kept calling him Chester the Molester and the name stuck even after we re-dressed him as a pirate and cut the wires to the sound chip.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts