Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
It's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To help plan, organize and let my helpers know what I'm talking about, a few of my props have earned names. The tombstones are pretty obvious, the names are carved right on them like Abbey Normal and Hans Delbruck (watch Young Frankenstein!). But I'm talking about my BIG props.
The first prop to get a name was my 10' PVC/Foam grave walker. Partially because he is a grim reaper, and partly because he was inspired by the Grimm Hallow Haunt, I simply named him 'Grimm'
Meet Grimm:

The second just recently got named. For 2 years I just call him my 'big ghoul'. Since I live just outside Chicago and he is a ghoul, I've name him Sven, as in SvenGoolie https://svengoolie.com/
Meet Sven:

What have you named your Props? and why?

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,809 Posts
OMG yes... everything that is unique has a name.

FCG is Annabelle (Lee)

Giant ghoul mounted on our garage (but also has been hung in the ticket booth during our carnival) is Bruce (for Bruce Campbell)

Various spiders: Webigail, Webster, Webalina...

Zarko the clown

Skeletina the Bony Beauty of the HIghwire

Mummy is named Boris (Karloff).

·
Registered
679 Posts
Everything has a name. And many of them are named for specific reasons. Such as: Edgar Allen Poe is the guy on our pendulum, William Wallace is on our rack, Louis the 13th is in the Guillotin, Lon Chaney ( the man of 1000 faces) is our Headless horseman ( he has no face). Nellie Bly is in our Toxic Barrel ( creator of the 55 gallon drum) And so on and so forth.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
My three witches are Grandma, Daughter and Granddaughter. For a long time of me growing up it was just my grandmother, my mother and myself all living together. I made the three witches not as sisters, but as generations. The elders teaching the youngers, passing the craft down generation to generation. My new scarecrow is Jack. Have not named the cemetery watchman or the FCG yet.

·
They call me HeebieJeebie
1,991 Posts
I don't have any big props, but a lot of my skeletons have names. I have a 6 1/2 footer named Frank - not sure how he got that name, but there it is! The 2-4 footers are the Bopsie Twins. The broken one with the lower half missing is Lola the Mourner, I usually have her "kneeling" (sitting on a flower pot) next to the coffin. The lone black one is Bettina. The only 2 non-pose & stays are Dorothy & Ethel the crazy cat ladies, who usually sit on a bench with margarita glasses and surrounded by cat skeletons. The other skeletons names change based on what they're doing that particular year.

Here's how my thought process goes... Gordie is the guy who stands by the cemetery sign. Gordie for Gordie Howe. Gordie played for the Detroit Red Wings. I am a Red Wings fan. Gordie was originally from Canada. Canada = Maple Leaves. Maple leaves = Maple Grove Cemetery.

The horse is ZipTie. The pony is DucTape. Buzz the vulture. Fanny the Fabulous Flamingo. Boney FooFoo the bunny. George the Monkey. The goat is Linc (Goat = Navy mascot and I was in the Navy, stationed on the USS Abraham Lincoln). The piggy is Bacon Bones.

I don't have names for the 3 new chickens, the pack of Beagles, or any of the rest of the dogs or cats.

·
Registered
968 Posts
George and Norman - my identical twin skeletons. Little Sam - the small skelly who rides in in the car and sits on the dashboard while I'm in work. Max - the toddler skelly, and his brother who hasn't got a name yet. Just got a talking bust that is going to be called Ludwig because he looks like Beethoven. Boris the Butler who is one of the little dancing animatronics that sits on a table and sings the Addams family theme - he also looks like Boris Johnson, our UK Prime Minister (because of his wild hair).

·
Evil Wizard
2,165 Posts
Nah, the only prop that has a name is a static 5’ standing zombie that my son first noticed as a toddler. He was a bit nervous around it at first, until I told him the zombie’s name was Bob.

He’s been cool with Bob ever since, and now looks forward to putting him up every year.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
You have to name them right? Flying witch is “witch on a stick”, the black widow gal is “Widda”, the giant spiders are “Clyde” and “Clive”, the two wolves and “Mutt” and “Jeff”, Gypsies are “Z” and “Stella”, and our vulture is “Vickie”. We also renamed Venetian Victoria as “Gigi” cause we called her Ghoulie girl way too much. Just makes it more fun right?

·
It's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To help plan, organize and let my helpers know what I'm talking about, a few of my props have earned names. The tombstones are pretty obvious, the names are carved right on them like Abbey Normal and Hans Delbruck (watch Young Frankenstein!). But I'm talking about my BIG props.
The first prop to get a name was my 10' PVC/Foam grave walker. Partially because he is a grim reaper, and partly because he was inspired by the Grimm Hallow Haunt, I simply named him 'Grimm'
Meet Grimm:
View attachment 723692

The second just recently got named. For 2 years I just call him my 'big ghoul'. Since I live just outside Chicago and he is a ghoul, I've name him Sven, as in SvenGoolie https://svengoolie.com/
Meet Sven:
View attachment 723693

What have you named your Props? and why?
I forgot one, my Skelly dog is named Spike. the past few years he's had a leash on getting walked... This year is he is off the leash and chased his 'owner' up the tree. He's pickup up a pup and a skelly cat to chase thanks to my reaper. Haven't named the new guys yet. Possibly Tyke and Tom, going with the whole Tom & Jerry theme. Guess I'll need a skeleton mouse.

As a note, my real dog, Doyle, a Mastiff/boxer mix doesn't like my skeletons much, but he HATES Spike! especially when I turn his sensor on and he starts barking. He wasn't too sure about the new arrivals this year. If they are sitting still he ignores them, but If I go to move them he will attack.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts