Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did it this year - partly out of necessity. I had scored a very large Werewolf from HD last year for just $25. It was too good of a price to leave it behind ... but it made no sense with the current set up. I set him up in his own little area and tried to create a scene with two skeleton dogs (who are also hard to work into my regular theme of zombies & graveyards). Added a couple severed hands from last year's butchering scene and voila, we have a "friendly" Werewolf wielding a cleaver and feeding severed hands to his pets. Excuse the cords, this was snapped while we were still laying out what went where.

But I wondered if others have mixed cute stuff in or near the grosser/scarier stuff? Because this is cute (to me), and makes the werewolf look like a nicer creature than if it was dismembering someone.

·
It's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
537 Posts
I definitely like to have fun with props and mix them up. My Electric Chair, torture rack and Ghoul are right next to a Skeleton riding a motorcycle. On the other side of the yard has Stocks, Guillotine, and Skeleton dogs chasing a skeleton up a tree. I don't go for the gross, gruesome or horror in general, just spooky/scary.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I don't like mixing in the cute but I do it, sort of. We have signing pumpkins and the witch from Atmosfear along with other creepier stuff. This is done to appease my wife ("we still want the little ones to come to the door..." she says), while my goal is to have a Halloween where no one has the balls to come in the yard. Maybe someday.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was torn on mixing things too , because ideally I’d want to do a theme every year...in which there aren’t enough Halloween’s left to do every. Single. One. Lol so I’m going with anything scary gory horror classic...as long as it’s Halloween type scary...

·
It's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
537 Posts
I don't like mixing in the cute but I do it, sort of. We have signing pumpkins and the witch from Atmosfear along with other creepier stuff. This is done to appease my wife ("we still want the little ones to come to the door..." she says), while my goal is to have a Halloween where no one has the balls to come in the yard. Maybe someday.
I have found, in general, that the 'little ones' don't know enough to be scared by the stuff. They know there is free candy and nothing is going to stop them. It is the Not-so-little ones that hesitate and won't come up the walk/drive. If you want to good stuff... you have to risk it :devilish:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts