Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you know manufacturer of "Lucky the Clown" fightcatalog.com Animated Prop?

Apparently this item is discontinued. It was a life-size clown prop that <<<shakes>>>. Frightcatalog.com had this item last year and unfortunately they indicated its no longer available! I'm looking for this prop or some other similar animated prop. Anyone out there know who the manufacturer is so I can get in touch with them? or any other companies that do quality work?

Tkx!
HarleyQuinn07

·
Registered
706 Posts
Something seems to have changed with Fright Catalog, less obviously over the last couple of years but moreso in this past month. They used to have a lot of really good stuff, and some of the more expensive actor-based pro type things...no more. And their rating with the BBB is a major fail too, because they have had a lot of unresolved complaints in the last year. I would not expect any customer service from FC.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply! I did have a negative experience with them last year too but fell in love with Lucky the Clown and spent all year thinking about it! Any suggestions where to get cool animated life-size props? I haven't seen anything exciting. At grandinroad (grandinrod?) there is a white non-animated Venitian / Victorian style ghost-like creature that seems like a decent compromise.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thank you for the reply! I did have a negative experience with them last year too but fell in love with Lucky the Clown and spent all year thinking about it! Any suggestions where to get cool animated life-size props? I haven't seen anything exciting. At grandinroad (grandinrod?) there is a white non-animated Venitian / Victorian style ghost-like creature that seems like a decent compromise.
http://www.frightprops.com/air-electric-props/motorized-props/giggles-latex-animated-prop.html

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tkx for sending the link to the site! I've been here before but didn't notice how many pretty decent looking animated props they have. I'll be looking through them this weekend... countdown has started.

Appreciate your help!! :)
HarleyQuinn07

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hello Kakugori. Please and thank you go a long way. I would be happy to oblige. I have a huge list of vendors for all sorts of things. Was there anything in particular you were trying to find or wanted to see?

BTW - Halloween Asylum is a good vendor.

·
Registered
706 Posts
@darknesshalloween: ooh, thank you.

Horrorman, there's nothing in particular. I'm usually after more of the animated props and good statics, not so much pneumatics and the really big stuff - I do an outdoor yard haunt with never enough people. Maybe if you've got a couple of favorites? Besides HA, I've got frightprops.com bookmarked, and now looking into the sites darknesshalloween posted above.

·
Registered
290 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OMG! Thank you horrorman, darknesshalloween and kakugori! The references are great! I haven't seen some of these sites yet so it'll be great to see some new stuff.

As for price range question in previous post... I was expecting to find something for less than $500... $200ish would be ideal.

I only have 2 full size characters today (1 kid friendly is animated) and I get a small amount of visitors on Halloween... lol... this stuff is really just for me! ;-) I had a few visitors take pictures last year so it worked out well... but naturally, I need more. ;-)

I really appreciate the info / links! Lots of stuff to go through!

So what are your favorites for indoor/outdoor props? What kind of house decorations do you use... any themes?

Cheers & thank you! *hugs*
HarleyQuinn07

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oooh-lala... horrorman, if you can please share the costume & makeup links you have... I would be forever grateful!!! :)

So... everyone already have their costume idea ready?

·
Registered
290 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
You are welcome Kakugori and HarleyQuinn07. I hope you find all sorts of good things but not spend all of your money!
Again, if there is anything specific you are trying to find let me know. Thanks and have fun.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts