Halloween Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Halloween Elitist
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know how it is, through out the year, you find, buy or make new props for your haunt but some of us have limited floor space, so you have to make a tough call, do you replace some of your veteran props with the rookies? I find myself in this dilemma, I'm one that feels that I just can't send anyone to the bench, I feel like it's a wasted opportunity if I don't use my whole team. Lol, I know I am using football talk but it's the season, so are any of you in the same situation, what is the call you are going to make?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I hear ya. Me, I'm considering remaking a few of my props for next year. The majority of the ones I'm using now, I made in 2009. And well, I'm attached to these guys! LOLOL They are like old friends I pull out of the attic once a year and party with. If I don't use every single one of them, I feel bad... like you said, wasting an opportunity!

·
Super Moderator
5,920 Posts
I was that way prior to 2010.

Mother nature decided I should start over and destroyed most my stuff in 2010. Since then, I've specifically made things with the intention of selling them after halloween (or before the next halloween if no one bites right after). I've found it a lot easier to sell something off if I set out with that in mind from the beginning.

·
Registered
268 Posts
This is what I am going through this right now. I have two scenes for our basement walk thru that no longer have a home. I am trying to squeeze one in my hallway and still have a whole wedding scene with no home. I hate to retire them this year but I may have to. Every room, front yard and backyard are decorated so they may have to go on an extended honeymoon :)

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,204 Posts
I have to make the decision to leave guys on the bench each year, but I guess I kind of look at it the other way around.

I love the fact that I have enough props that I really like that I can go a couple of years without repeating specific elements. Each year some great items remain in the bullpen, but it keeps it kind of different and fresh each year.

We moved this year, and I took on a new role at work, there wasn't time to build anything new for 2014, so knowing I had some depth has been great.

It's a luxury, and I'm really happy to be at this point....
:)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I have to rotate my props since I change my theme every other year. I hate to get rid of things, thinking I might need them again. So it has come to the point I have no more storage space. I've changed my theme in the past, thinking people would get tired if I put the same stuff out year after year. But a lot of them asked where a certain prop went, or ask when I'll build a skull fountain again. So maybe they like to see the same prop year after year, like an old friend. Maybe instead of changing it all the time, I could save money and space sticking with the same haunt. It's something I'm going to be thinking over for next year.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I have two witches that will remain in their boxes this year. That spell casting witch, the one that I wrote about as my Grandin Road Regret for having not purchased last year, well, I passed again on her this year because I was aiming for a HM themed yard. I'm actually feeling more guilty about the props that I planned for, namely the hitchhiking ghosts and caretaker, that I'm not going to have enough time to put together. Instead I became inspired by the Phantom Manor, so I am building them instead and am happy with the results so far. Three inflatables will also remain boxed. When I read about that family whose inflatable cat was stolen, it made me want to send our inflatable cat to them!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts