Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear all the time about ghosts.

I hear my employees tell me that they see them, I hear that they see them, but I personally have never seen a ghost or even heard one.

Maybe I am not open to the idea, but I really do not understand the idea of a real ghost.

They may be out there, and please don't let me lead you to believe that I don't believe in them, but I have personally never seen nor heard a ghost.

E

·
Registered
43 Posts
Actually yes don't laugh but I have seen a ghost, it was a few years ago in November I was out on a night walk and saw this strange looking figure, I can't tell you what he looked like he begain to come chraging at me and I moved to the side to let him pass and he actually went right through me. Pretty frighting. If you go Islands in the UK folk there tell good ghost stories. A couple I know used to live in this house and the woman said she saw a little girl who would turn her head round the door and if the woman looked she would hide, she would rattle the blinds too. Her kids were too frightened every morning to go down on their own incase they saw this girl ghost.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Oh absolutely, there are many unsettled souls amongst us. My user name is paintedlady-meaning old victorian painted home. I grew up with a mom who delighted in restoring old victorians. Now if you want to stir up some ghosts, start renovating an old home believe me they get real active. As we started renovating many things would start happening, sounds-smells-never frightening or menacing just hey I'm here what are you doing to this home type of thing. My mom would always talk to them, one time we had just come back from a hardware store getting some supplies and we set the bag down on the floor. Suddenly the bag just starting to make a noise like someone was trying to get in it, my mom said," It's just more paint brushes," then the noise stopped. Anyway I'm always very aware when entering old homes, I think if you are open to it things present themselves.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nope, don't believe in ghosts. Now if I were presented with substantial evidence then I would of course believe, but based on the fact that I haven't seen any and that the evidence for them is less than convincing (at least to me), then I would have to say no.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,875 Posts
I believe that it is possible, but I've never seen any evidence myself. I've lived in pretty old houses (one from Victorian - 1880s) and visited supposedly haunted sites, but nothing ever happened.

I kind of think they are like spirit recordings - something that was emotionally strong (pain/death/happiness) can cause a time imprint that can be triggered to run by someone in the area - much like pressing "play" to activate the dvd player to see a movie.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Time of year for my one and only ghost story.
For the record, I'm still a skeptic, and have not seen any solid evidence to prove to me the existence of ghosts.

Having said that, I still don't have an explanation for what happened:

To set the stage - while in college, I worked at Disneyland in AdventureLand...worked a number of the rides (Big Thunder, Riverboat, Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room, Treehouse, and was being trained for the Pirate Ship on the river before I quit). Of course, summers were always crazy, and there were always plenty of hours to work, many of them nights.

One night, early summer, I was working a late shift (Jungle Cruise) - had been on for a few hours, and went on break, to the break room above the stores right across from the Jungle Cruise. When I went up, there were already 2 people in the break room...one on the payphone (arguing with his girlfriend), another reading the paper at one of the picnic benches up there.

Having nothing to do, I plopped down at the other picnic table, facing the guy with the paper, so I could try to read what I could (yes, was that bored). As I sat there, eyes wandering around, I noticed something on the floor behind the guy with the paper that should not have been there - a "bullet" from the Jungle Cruise.

A quick bit of info regarding the Jungle Cruise guns and ammo - the guns are real .38 Specials (at least, they were in the late 80's), and the ammunition was/is a quarter charge round in a plastic casing...made to be loud, and let off some sparks, but nothing to actually be projected (the plastic casing is round on the end that the explosion comes out, and is cross-cut to weaken the plastic, making it very unlikely that any plastic would rip off)...the charge is set off by an actual balistic firing cap, set into the flat end of the plastic round.

Anyway - since the guns are real, and the rounds can actually cause harm (they are explosives), every bit of equipment is checked in out for each time the Jungle Cruise boat goes around, and whenever there's a shift change. Everything's signed for.

Which should mean there would not be a Jungle Cruise round in the break-room.
Even more so, unattended.
And even more than that, it would NOT be standing on it's rounded end, in the middle of floor, like this one appeared to be doing.

So, knowing all this, I stared at the round for a bit, wondering why it was there, and how it was standing on it's rounded end (all the weight is on the flat end, where the charge and firing cap are).
I looked above the thing, to the ceiling, wondering if it was hanging from a thread or something, and laughed to myself that anyone would be so bored that they'd hang a plastic bullet from a thread in the breakroom.
Suddenly, it began to wobble, and that's when I noticed it had been spinning like a top - so fast that from a distance, it looked like it was standing still.

It spun out, and came to a stop - I didn't think more than the guy with the paper had somehow leaned down, spun the thing with his fingers, and went back to reading his paper, all without me noticing...I said to him, "Cool trick! How'd you do that?"...he had no idea what I was going on about - I pointed out the bullet to him, he turned around to look, and it was at that point that I realized he would have to fall over to lean out to spin that bullet. He just looked at me and said he didn't do anything.

So, I turned to the guy on the phone, and asked, "Did you see that thing spinning? How did it do that?"...to which he replied, "Shut up! I'm on the phone!"...no help there.

I went over and gathered up the round, examining it for string or...well...anything that would explain how it had been spinning like that, for as long as it had. I took it back to where I was sitting, and spent the next 10 minutes trying to spin the thing on the table-top myself, to see if I could make it spin like that.

I couldn't make it spin more than 3 revolutions total. One a smooth table-top. With both hands (and yes, I am pretty good at making things spin with one hand, between two fingers). It was simply too top heavy, and the rounded bottom was uneven (the round had been expended, and the end was split).

I've kept the round with me to this day - have it put away.
It's my one and only ghost story, as I have no explanation for how it did what it did.
This is all absolutely true, to the best of my recollection.

Do I believe in ghosts? Hard to say. My only ghost story is neither frightening, nor reproducible.
I am always amused that it happened at Disneyland - what a place for a ghost story, eh?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I pretty much believe in them, but I've never seen or encountered one that I can tell. I believe in a lot of strange phenomenon but don't really have any spooky stories to tell. Maybe it's because all the paranormal things out there know I'd probably just have a heart attack if they made themselves known to me. I would kind of like to see a ghost, though... a friendly one, anyway.

Interesting stories in this thread, always happy to hear more.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
I'v never experinced anything that would make believe in them. However I do have a friend that swares her house is haunted with children. Apperently they open doors and flicker lights. I told her there's a man that hides in the shower, so ever time she goes in the bathroom she looks in there first.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Kinda shaky about the whole soul walking the earth kinda thing. So no. I don't think there real. I mean if I could see one or encouter something that would change my mind thad be cool.

·
lies dead but dreaming
952 Posts
My grandparents house was haunted. Which is strange considering it was a parsonage. It's the only explanation I know of for the things that used to happen there. Cabinets would slam open and shut, objects would be missing only to be found in places no one would put them. (things like nails in the flour bin.. but just six, the rest were on the floor) and assorted other weird stuff. Either some one went a very very very long way to convince us the house was haunted or it was. It is my belief that it was a spirit of some kind causing the disturbances.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I use to be skeptical about ghost until I started seeing them myself. In the house that I use to live in there was a young boy, a cloaked figure and a white cat that I'd see every now and then. Sometimes you'd hear odd things like footsteps when no one else was in the house or doors shutting, dishes rattling, sudden smells. Pretty much the usual phenomenons you hear about.
The house we live in now seems to be less "active" although I have seen an older man many times who usually stays around our kitchen and family room. I even have a relative who has seen him as well without any prior knowledge about what I had seen.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
I think it's possible. one theory is that ghosts are just demons here to bewilder us. the bible says there are demons and other unknown things among us. as for personal experiences, very few if any. our house is less than 10 years old, but the kids who lived here before liked to meddle. esp. with ouija boards. i definately believe in someone playing around and getting in over their head.
1. the lightbulbs in all the fixtures in the house come unscrewed. doesnt matter if they're hanging from the ceiling or sitting in a lamp. all the bulbs have come unscrewed.
2. i had those little corner shelves hanging in my bedroom and one day. i cleaned, went downstairs, came back up and noticed they were hanging crooked all of a sudden. so i went to take the little things off and fix them when i noticed they were infact secure against the wall, but they had been drug down several inches through the drywall because there were cuts in the wall from where they had been to where they now were. bear in mind nothing heavy was on the shelves to pull them down.
3. my sister and i were talking about a woman in the home where she worked who had passed away because the family gave away most of the furniture, and my sister took her touch lamp. but when we started talking about her the lamp clicked on and off by itself 2x. it was on a table by itself, but i suppose something else could have caused it. like the lightbulb twisting ghost :D lol
I guess i'm still on the fence. But just to be on the safe side i have an angel over my door and a rosary right beside it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I believe in ghosts, I've had too many experiences in the past. I've never seen one, but I heard one, sent shivers up my spine and my hairs on the back my neck were standing, believe me!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yes, I believe in Ghosts!
I am a Psychic/Medium and I have had Contact with Spirits since the age of 3.
No, Spirits are Not Demons!
They are our Loved Ones watching over us and Helping us on our Life Paths.
They are also our Guides and Angels here to Protect and Guide us throughout our lives.
There Are such a thing as Ghosts, but those Souls need our help to move to Heaven, to the World of Spirit and Love.
They may be a bit confused and will move on, with Our help.
Please don't misunderstand, that there are also those who were surely Evil in life, and so will be this way also in Death.
But Judgement and Fear are Ego and a Human thing - NOT a Spirit and Love thing.
We can help those who were Evil in Life and send them on, to where they can understand and experience Perfect Love.
Love Cannot experience Pain, Fear, Hate, Greed or other Forms of Human Evils - especially in the World of Spirits.
I have seen my Loved Ones many, many a time and am Grateful for their help and guidance throughout my life.
I Love them Eternally.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am a bit ambivalent about my belief in ghosts because, well, I haven't really seen one myself. But I do have some friends who have.

They did share some frightful experiences like seeing apparitions and having goosebumps. I guess it really depends on people's sensitivity towards those things or maybe it has something to do with your spirituality. But then again, no one can really tell.

I have to admit that I am really interested about topics dealing with the supernatural. I've seen movies like Ghosts, and Exorcism of Emily Rose--both deal with spirits and ghosts. I don't really know how to justify the existence of such entities that's probably why I find it hard to believe ghosts.

I guess my mantra here is "TO SEE IS TO BELIEVE".

I just hope that no one would make a practical joke on me about ghosts.

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
Don't know !!

Although my mother worked in an old folks home (retirement home) and her best friend was very sensitive to paranormal activity. The amount of time my mum used to come home from work and tell us about her friends experiences. I wasn't seeing ghots but she would always feel coldness passing through her or brushing by her.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts