Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to share this. A friend of my wife got this from her friend, taken in Pa. She goes hunting and has trail cams set up. She said there is no fakery to it, so I'll let people decide on their own. I say it's downright creepy. I have almost 500 shares on my Facebook page already with it. Super weird is what I say...I write supernatural fiction, but they always say truth is stranger than fiction. Personally, I would never even think of pulling a hoax, especially concerning something I already think is true. So I need to ask the age-old question: do you believe in ghosts?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
it looks phoney, notice the small points of white light where joints would be for the shoulders and elbows. this is probably the inner structure of this display piece.
I have seen and heard many strange and not easily explained sights and sounds in my life and seen orbs with the naked eye and photographed the orb as we saw it. I believe, but not this picture.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Paul, If the person giving you this picture knows that you write about such things, maybe they were just trying to inspire you? (On the nice side of this) On the bad side, maybe they were trying to get you "going" and make a fool of yourself if your enthusiasm cranked up ....?
People tell me their personal ghost stories almost every week. Some of those stories cannot be believed not because they are so fantastic, but because of the person telling it, which often "tells" me more than they might realize.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know the person. She is friends with someone who works with my wife, and I'm sure never even heard of me. Unfortunately, I'm not that big of a celebrity, lol. My wife's friend got it and fully believes it's real; that much is certain. The rest is all conjecture. And nobody can fire me up or try to inspire my writing more than myself, I'm afraid. ;) I'm enthusiastic about everything unexplainable and the supernatural. Just like my post here, I tell people to make up their own opinions. I don't know what it is, but regardless, it certainly appears creepy!

·
Valkyrie Of Halloween
2,435 Posts
I believe in ghosts and have gotten pics of some Strange things, so I'm not one to say that is fake. And deer cams are out in the woods, hardly likely someone would wander around the woods during hunting season just to prank someone. More likely to get shot. Could be an Indian's ghost, I mean why not?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I didn't dispute the possibility that the deer might be a ghost, when deer season opens ... much carnage takes place.. leaving many spirits behind?
If The Amazing Randy still has his offer out there a cool million dollars awaits the owner of this picture.

·
Psychic or Psychotic?
714 Posts
Well it does look creepy but to do a true analysis I'd like to see a daylight photo at the same angle. It could be some foliage in the background that just appears "ghostly" at night with IR lighting.

I don't necessarily believe in ghosts but I don't dispute that they could exist. I like to keep an open mind.

·
Super Moderator
5,611 Posts
I don't know if any of you are hunters. I do not anymore, but was raised in a house where that was our primary source of meat, so did a bit while in my younger days.

Anyhow, if you've ever come up on a deer in the wild and really startled them, they...well, I don't know how precisely to describe it other than to say the blow. It makes a most singular sound, but they will blow hard and sharp before fleeing/charging (I've had them do both). I would suggest that maybe this camera caught that sudden exhalation on a cold morning.

Not a ghost, not a fake, just breath on a cold morning.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I come from a family of hunters, and at our last home we lived on the mountain with a herd of deer living on our property. I got to know the calls and sounds of deer, fox, coyotes, raccoons, owls, and other critters, daytime and nocturnal. Deer make a strange coughing sound, so I know what you're talking about. It's an interesting explanation, but I would lean more to either it's real or fake. ;)

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,673 Posts
I honestly believe that ghosts are real. I've found that the events and occurrences associated with a true paranormal experience are similar in many different cultures worldwide; too similar to be mere coincidence.

That being said, I think that most, if not all, of the 'paranormal' and 'ghost-hunting' shows on TV aren't authentic, merely clever formats designed to sell a show to a cable network by playing on current popular culture trends.

·
Registered
865 Posts
yes like the ones in american horror story they appear when they want you to see them

·
black light queen
2,494 Posts
No I don't believe in ghosts or the supernatural ...

Many years ago b4 everyone had cell and cameras I seen what appeared 2b the sky was on fire. Cars were pulled over ... it was really kewl looking but I knew it couldn't b what it looked like ... must have been high fast clouds and the angle of the sun on them ... I just kept driving

amk

·
Registered
500 Posts
Well, that image has been kicking around the web for about a year, but I don't think there's any way to say whether it's real with a real ghost, real with something that looks like a ghost but isn't, real but staged with a prop, or photoshop faked. I think, without more info, it just comes back to whether you believe in ghosts in the first place or no. Interesting picture one way or another, though!

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
As a straight forward question to the whole subject as a whole with a YES / NO answer , for me personally it would have to be a YES , simply because of family stories experiences , and for the sheer volume of reports books etc and the fact that everyone from peasant to queen , and prime minister to pauper has reported such occurrences , and of course the belief of ghosts is in most cultures and religions throughout the world and is common as well .:D

But to think about it seriously you would have to firstly define what is a ghost ? there are so many types of haunting now where as once it was all one just one thing , for example ,

residual haunting -
intelligent haunting -
demonic activity -
poltergeist activity -
doppelganger incidents -
dark presences or shadow people sightings -

these are the ones i can think of now , of course they all come within the paranormal realm , but they are for me all extremely different and so if divided into these sort of sub areas i would be slightly divided in my answers -
Residual Haunting - is it possible that a traumatic death say an execution is replayed in an old castle where it happened maybe many hundreds of years ago , for me YES , science is and has been discussing the stone tape theory for quite a few years and it is now in many circles a common theory , kind of like a video replay of the scene being impregnated into the fabric of the building , and when the right atmospheric conditions occur someone may see this recording , now whether this is then a paranormal incident or has become a scientific incident is then in question , but many ghost stories are such occurrences , i still find it fascinating , and i can believe it - YES
Intelligent haunting - YES again for the reasons i gave before the books , recorded incidents , the fact that many many powerful and influential people over many hundreds of years who have nothing to gain but may have everything to lose from saying they have seen and interacted with ghosts and have still said they have interacted with these ghosts/spirits regardless , whether they are indeed dead people or the spirits of departed people or another form of ourselves in some other realm or even dimension that i do not know but as i said for me YES
Demonic activity - I,m not sure how i feel about this as there seems more of these types of reports in the last 40 to 50 years and historically it has been a more recent thing so i wonder if this is something being mis - interpreted , and not having anyone i know having any such occurrence would not feel so sure to say either way so DON'T KNOW
Poltergeist Activity - again many scientific theories have been put forward such as sub conscious telepathic energy , again who knows what our minds are capable of , so for me YES i,m not sure if this theory is correct would it then take it away from the paranormal ghost type heading into science again i do not know .
Doppelganger Incidents - no this time i would say NO mainly due to the fact that i have never met anyone who has had any kind of experience such as a doppelganger , that's the reason i would say NO in this instance .
Dark Presences or Shadow people - YES , but not sure if they are just maybe unformed spirits not a seperate type of paranormal activity from say something in an intelligent haunting , i hope i didn't bore everyone , i just think it is such a big question with such a vast field now :D

1 - 20 of 129 Posts