Halloween Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Hi Wickedactor14 , but excuse me for saying but if you have heard someone or something call your name and and personally seen things moving around without anyone being there i would say YOU HAVE HAD AN EXPERIENCE , its just that maybe your trying to convince yourself you have not but i would personally say that what you experienced puts you in the HAD rather than HAVE NOT group , and i quite agree if you feel that you know the presence or feel its a relative then its not such a concern ..... but how can you always be sure ......

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
The most common "Ghost story", seems to me to be of the close relative returning to see a new baby or child.
Years later upon seeing a Family Photo Album the grown child sees a familiar face in a picture, asks :Who is this woman?"
"It's your Great Grandmother."
"She used to stand bu my bed when I was an infant."
"She died 20 years before you were born.'

My Great grandfather was a Bartender right here in what is now my "Haunted" House. So when the door knob turns back and forth and nobody's there.... "Thanks Grandpa for helping me out here!"
That one door knob went "Turning" three different times within a few months.
When I got this house that door was found in the basement (maybe it should go back there?)
Naw! It is cut to fit right where it is now. It's not a rectangle at all, it's very "skewed" as cut and it fits the odd shaped opening.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Very true Gym , sometimes i think many of us are gifted a connection if not an extremely brief one of some sort of spiritual link with a past loved one or family member , my friend when he first met his wife to be in the mid 1960s was sitting in a very heavily boxed hedge-rowed lane in a small village in my county called Brenzett , they were sitting in a lane many of her ancestors had walked along over many many years , being a young dating couple he was sitting a few hundred yards from her parents farmhouse which had been in the family for over 200 years , saying goodnight as teenage couples do before there evening was finished , it was just getting to twilight time before dark but just as the night was encroaching , all of a sudden a tall man walked past his car briskly with both his hands clasped tightly behind his back with a slight lurching slope to his demeanor , being so quiet and a very private lane with only one farmhouse located for many miles , there eyes were drawn to him , my friend commented and said to his girlfriend how strange for anyone to be walking down this particular lane at that time of night ? a lane that apart from leading to her parents farmhouse just lead after many miles towards Dymchurch a lovely Kentish coastal town and a couple of other small coastal towns with no other properties for a very long way at least by foot anyway , it was then he had noticed she had gone ashen white , seeing this and being a little concerned he asked did she feel ok , what had caused her to look so shaken and ill ???? she replied that man was my grandfather , and then became quite upset and tearful .
He said i thought your grandfather had passed away ? she replied he had over 15 years before , my friend ever the skeptic then looked and saw the man in the near distance still walking just gradually disappear around a natural curve in the road , he then started his car and drove barely 50 yards which should have clearly showed the man still walking after the natural curve of the road with about 300 yards further to the farmhouse , but there was no one, even though it was starting to get dark the road was visibly empty and quite discernible in the twilight .
My friend Robert got out the car and left his girl friend still sitting in the car turning the engine off and walked for a few yards to double check but there was no one in the lane at all and definitely no tall lurching man walking very briskly , with very very old country hedgerows which a cat or fox may have trouble scrambling through the whole length of the road and standing over 10 feet high on both sides of the whole length of the road going right down to the farmhouse there was no where humanly possible for a solid human being to escape to , or to depart the road through . So where had he gone ????
He got back into his car and comforted his girlfriend and they discussed what they had seen for nearly an hour , the final conclusion for her was her grandfather when he had indeed owned the farmhouse her parents now owned after it was left to them after his passing must have walked that very route many thousands of times coming back from Brenzett village , and indeed going to the village as well , and maybe it was some sort of recorded image burnt on the area of him doing what he most certainly had many times a day for many many years , or was it his spirit just out for a stroll keeping an eye on his grand daughter ??? she thinks the latter , my friend Bob still does not believe in ghosts , but he has no explanation of how he saw along with Lorna his future wife , her grandfather as clear as day walk past his car within 8 feet of him 15 years after his death that evening . Who knows perhaps it was a way for her grandfather to show his acceptance of Bob and a sign this was the man for her ...... i guess we will never know , but they are as i write still an extremely happy couple with two adult children and 3 grand children .
A little footnote many areas of my county have significant ley line areas , fault-lines in the earths crust that some believe can allow supernatural occurrences to occur much more often that un-affected areas , allowing spirits easier ability to show themselves , where others say its these fault-lines which actually cause electrical impulse,s in our brains which allow hallucinations which we interpret as ghosts ....... again what do you think ????

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
We read yrs. ago that if your house is on top of Dolomite Rock, your house may be "Haunted"?
Our house only has about 25 feet of yard as headed North, take another step and you will fall down the Dolomite Cliff!
The same rock goes at least 1/2 a mile South, passing on more haunting for those astride the Dolomite.
The tiny downtown here is also South of my house and things do happen in a few of those old store buildings.
This North-West corner of Illinois was missed by the last Glacier, so we have hills, cliffs, ravines ,ghosts.
Someone tried to keep something a secret, but awhile ago, close to this town, an aerial photograph is supposed to have shown an earthworks shaped like a Tiger!
The camera used somehow is programmed? To ignore foliage!?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
The Facebook site "You Know that you grew up in Mount Carroll, if" is where I posted the idea that "we" (Mount Carrollianans) should put all of our personal ghost stories on this site to promote the town.
I had this idea after a couple were here awhile ago, they live in New Orleans (Everyone's Favorite Haunted City?) They said "We live in N.O. but it sounds as if this small town might be more "Haunted"!?
Then some former residents began responding to that site with their Mount Carroll Ghost Stories!
I may have surprised one young woman when I told her , what maybe she had told me many years ago concerning her Family's house here.
I thought she had told me that at night in the one bedroom one of her Sisters would think that she saw a man in a long, Black coat looking at her from the closet?
I was just slightly "Off", she corrected me, not the closet, but looking at her from the inside of a mirror!
Of course the rest of them paid little attention to this claim... but then later when another Family moved into the house another person in that other family said they were also seeing the same thing happening with a mirror! (I don't know if it was the Same Mirror or not? )

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
A few days ago I was speaking to a young woman who lives locally. I asked her if she had ever had a supernatural experience?
He eyes got "big"! Then she told me how in a group photograph taken just a few years ago in Krape Park---Freeport, Illinois, some "Extra" people had appeared in the picture! They were standing right behind the rest and dressed in what would be considered to be "Period Clothing".
The picture had the Band Shell behind them, which was built a long time ago.
A British Citizen on You-Tube was speaking about many things said:"All of the brain's workings are not all contained within the skull... (Like ESP? ) and??

·
Registered
73 Posts
My wife and I bought a house that is believed by a number of people to be haunted/occupied.

A father and son both committed suicide in the house at different times and several people have reported seeing them/something. The previous owners claim to have had water faucets turn on repeatedly, lights come on/off, doors open/close, etc as well as "ghost dogs" on the property. When they moved in they had a priest come and bless the house. As the priest concluded and told the spirits to leave they heard the front door open and close.

My mother in-law was outside for a family gathering and saw some feet walking by on the other side of a pickup truck, which she though belonged to my brother in law, but when they got to the end of the truck there was nobody there. She has also seen full body outside before.

Before we bought the house we were looking around in the finished basement and we clearly heard someone walking around upstairs as well as a door close on two occasions. Now, normally this could be explained by someone else viewing the house at the same time we were, but the house is located nearly a half mile from the road and we would have heard a car pull up or someone approaching.

As we began to move into the house and start cleaning it I took a moment to speak to whatever might have been there. I said "Hey, I don't know if you can hear me but if you can I wanted to let you know that we are ok with you being here. We want to bring light and happiness into this house and if you need help all you have to do is ask and we'll do whatever we can to help you move on.". There has been no feeling of heaviness or any occurrences since then.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used to work the graveyard shift for a security company, watching for alarms. The room I was in was on the ground floor, and the other offices were on the second floor, which used to be an apartment. When no one was upstairs, I would hear someone walking around in the kitchen. The floor had a squeak that none of the other floors had. I'd be hearing it throughout the night, and if someone came in and went upstairs, the walking would stop. The person who worked day shift on the weekend told me the same thing. When they moved our security station upstairs, we never heard the walking again.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
This is something i think most of us experience at some point in our home or working lives , and i think we often just put it down to imagination or even outside instances such as street noise or bleed through noise from neighbors through the walls of floors or ceilings even , but i wonder how much of this stuff is actually something possibly supernatural ? i have a friend who is ex British military , an ex Military Policeman in fact and he now has his own private security company looking after new , old and condemned properties for various reasons , and some of the stories he told me are most interesting , he personally does not believe or he chooses not to believe there supernatural , BUT he cannot explain when he hears these things or even more importantly when his highly trained security dogs respond to these noises and or wont go into an area either refusing to go or going extremely resentfully if forced , and then finding that they are either growling or threatening apparently nothing visible in that area or nothing to be seen at least, but the animals are still disturbed and agitated ? i know what i believe and have been ridiculed for my beliefs , but i am not so arrogant to believe i know everything that occurs in this strange world of ours is totally known or understood , i think there are many things we yet need to understand and learn .

·
Registered
501 Posts
I’m an older critical care nurse that has seen some stuff..... I’ve also done home hospice and seen things that make me understand without a doubt that there is a veil that separates the dimensions and some can make it very thin. Our worlds are full of energy that cannot be created or destroyed; simply transformed

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes, absolutely. We once owned a bar that was haunted by supposedly the previous owner. I heard him walking, heard him knocking on the walls and more than once there was a quite audible "hello" when no one else was around. I was not alone in experiencing these events so not my imagination. My husband even saw the guy. Probably at least some of what I experienced was due to residual activity but I'm guessing some of it was an active haunt. It was a very non-hostile haunt but it did occur.

My house seems to be the center for a lot of residual haunt activity as well. Footsteps on the stairs, sounds of conversations in the upstairs hallway plus a number of aromas outside that are there one minute and gone the next...such as the scent of a campfire that disappears within less than a minute. The scent of horse (many years ago I had a horse and pony) when no such animal has been on the place for well over a decade. Most weird of all, the smell of someone grilling steaks on an outside grill when such a thing would be exceedingly unlikely. When these aromas occur they are very short in duration...sort of like a door opening and then closing.

There is also an individual who has now resided with us for close to ten years. He periodically turns things on (always electronic devices like the television) and keeps in contact with me by touch. I also get impressions of communication from him but that could be just my inner dialogue. He hasn't turned anything on for about a year; I get the impression that turning stuff on, knocking on the walls, etc. is a been there done that sort of deal. He does make physical contact every day; it is how he lets me know he is here. We know he is here and consider him to be a family member; he has no need to prove himself.

He has even triggered talking Halloween props when there was no other way they could have been triggered. Pretty funny. Hasn't done it this year though.

Have had a number of experiences over the years but I don't automatically shout "Eureka! we have a ghost" if something happens that I don't understand. I always try to debunk it; try to reproduce the event. It's not because I am negative on paranormal/supernatural events, but I don't want to assume that everything is due to spirit activity.

Memnet

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Thank you all for you accounts , it really is the ultimate question that all humans want to know but also dont want to know , is there life after death and if so what form does it take ? will we be with our families ? i genuinely believe there's something , what , i have no idea , but there's too many accounts , reports etc from friends and family let alone the reports of anyone else either royal , presidential , or any other person of high stature who has said they have seen or experienced something for me to just say no i do not believe and there's nothing , and i have lost count of the stories and accounts from dedicated medical staff such as yourself Hearthfire who have the task of helping and aiding people at there most needed time either through illness or at a time of tragedy who have seen and experienced such things that surely proves this very thing that there's definitely something that goes on further , and memnet i always say when i visit and work in many properties in my local area through my job as a builder , that we are merely on this planet as caretakers of many old houses , castles , mansions , and the lives of many of those who have gone before can burn there experiences or incidences upon these places , let alone if there able to wish to remain there after there death , thank you both for your accounts , it never fails to fascinate me and give me hope there is more to come .

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have had multiple experiences with spirits since I was child. Mostly family, a few that were not. I would prefer not to speak about my experiences with my family members as those are cherished and special moments for me. However, I once worked in a childcare facility when I was a teenager and after having many strange things happen while working alone in the evening, my boss told me that there were two children who had died in a car fire years before. They came from a terrible home situation and the childcare facility was the only place they had ever felt safe and happy. My boss at the time was confident it was them. They were harmless, just very mischievous. They loved to play pranks. It seemed that they really just wanted to be acknowledged and my boss knew that. She told me to let them know I knew they were there and they would stop. She said she would regularly talk to them on the weekends when she was alone there and they were doing things to get her attention, she would then feel a tickle on her back or her hair would be very gently brushed across her back and they would stop.

I work in a funeral home and we have some activity. It's nothing major. I would guess with as many families as we serve the spirits are visiting their own funerals and coming back to see all of their loved ones. I have seen them walk past me down the hall or I have caught a glimpse of them sitting in an armchair in our lobby. But it's never the same ones I'm seeing and they're not usually messing around with stuff.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts