Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everyone always say vampires and witches dont, but i never hear about ghosts.
My boyfriends house is haunted and I thought i saw the man who haunts it in the reflection of a glass frame but he said he thought they had no reflection.
Input is appriceated! Thanks!!

·
Look behind you
1,316 Posts
I have seen several "ghostly" reflections in my life that I have not been able to explain, so my answer is probably yes. ;)

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Some mirror-gaze seeking something other-worldly ( good or bad) Ancient Greeks used pools of water seeking something within the reflections, and we shouldn't forget those who keep saying "Bloody Mary" while staring into a mirror , what are They seeking?.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
My business neighbor ,Charlie's Tavern has a huge fancy, mirror/ cabinet behind the bar and it is probably over 100 years old. My own Great Grandfather may have even bar tended in front of this piece of historical furniture. (1890-1900)
The full-time bartender was a Vietnam Vet called "Barny" who could seem rather gruff sometimes but was always polite on the telephone. He was also a pretty fun and funny person sometimes.
One night as Barny and just the cook were the only two in the place,and were at the bar, kitchen pots and pans began falling from the Kitchen shelves 80 feet away.
I was told the next day to ."Keep your Ghosts in your house!"
Barny confided in me that sometimes late at night when he was alone in the bar, that he felt as if he was not "alone", implying some Spirits not found corked into a bottle were among him.
Trying to be helpful I said ,"Then never ,look into that big mirror behind you when you feel this feeling , because I have read sometimes ghosts may be seen there."
A few days later when I saw him again he said, "Dam You! I couldn't stop looking in that mirror late last night!" (I really was only trying to be helpful.)
A few months later as Charlie entered the bar first thing that morning, he found the front door unlocked, the lights all "on"!
" Dammit , Barney!"
Barney was laying on the floor behind the bar (in front of the big mirror ) Dead.
They said he was dead before he hit the floor (from the lack of blood circulation on his head wound ...had he looked into the mirror that night for the last time?
Did he see something that none of us will ever see until it is the last thing we will ever see again?
Barny was set to rest in the coffin wearing one of his favorite work shirts, his baseball cap on, a pack of his favorite cigarettes in his shirt pocket , and a can of his favorite beer in one hand.
He seemed so real, and relaxed, "natural".

·
Registered
720 Posts
I think they probably do have reflections. Vampires definitely don't. But I've never heard of a Witch not having a reflection. Someone care to elaborate?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts