Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are Marcs stores local to any of you?

I found tons of gemmy stuff, as well as webbing, blood, bones, etc... there last year.

The highest prices were from 19.99 for lifesize mummies, skeletons and and a 29.99 huge graveyard set down to $1.00

I've been visiting weekly waiting for this years stuff to come out!

·
Registered
14,091 Posts
My parents still live in Ohio and I see there's a Marc's pretty close to them. I guess you must be talking about their seasonal halloween closeout items. Love to see some pics to see what kind of stuff they have when halloween gets put out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll try to post some pics---they might be worth the drive for some of you as things might be a year or so old---but SUPER cheap!

Last year I netted a gemmy mummy for 19.99, a skeleton for 14.99, sticky blood for 1.99, the bar sign for 6.99 I think, webbing for about 50 cents a pack...the graveyard pack for 29.99 was unbelievable---full size gravestones, an animatronic skeleton, a led lamp post, tons of bones....I got a 14.99 smoke machine with the fog for 4.99

It was like Halloween heaven. It was too much fun driving around to the different stores to find out what they had in stock.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Marcs is a chain store...I'm in the Cleveland area and they are all over, and you can really load up on the stuff. I'm so anxious for it to come out this year. Far better prices than anywhere else I found.

And yes, it's all in the closeout section.

·
Registered
212 Posts
that's funny, i was thinking about posting a marc's thread a few days ago, and figured it would get no response! I've been scanning marcs too, i think in another couple weeks they will start getting their stuff in, always seems around the beginning of sept. They usually have decent cheap masks that are good for making dummies, and like you said some of the animatronic finds are pretty good- last year i got a wedding anniversary present of a singing corpse bride and groom, plus some really cheap (but not cheap looking) limbs packaged like meat on styrofoam trays. I also got my daughter a full packaged zombie costume, $5! They were selling at the other stores like Halloween USA for $35.

I worked at Dover Lake Park as a medic and helped build the haunted house there a couple years. Marc Glassman owned Dover in its last few years, and we would get some of the first-pick stuff from the stores for the haunted house before it went up for sale. The one year i remember them getting some pretty good masks from Don Post Studios.

One thing about marcs- I always carry extra cash on grocery runs because if you go in and see something you like you better buy it- a few hours later it will be gone!

I forgot to add this- i see Marc's/Xpect on a lot of their packaging, i assume Xpect is another store in another state owned by Glassman?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I remember the meat stuff---it didn't fit our theme, but it was really awesome for the price. Def. realistic.

·
Registered
14,091 Posts
I'll try to post some pics---they might be worth the drive for some of you as things might be a year or so old---but SUPER cheap!....

Thanks EdgarPoe, that would be a BIG help for me. My parents don't have a cell phone, computer or fax machine so asking them to pick up things is not an easy task. They are willing to but want to know exactly what to get so the pics would be terrific. At least I could describe what items I'm interested in having them look for at their location. Sounds like an interesting store. Next trip back east I'll have to check them out.

Update: spoke with my parents today and they said they were just in Marc's a few days ago. They said they'd keep an eye out for when Halloween gets put out so when I get a call, I'll remember to give the heads up here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts