Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Hauntless
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yippee, I finally finished her! Thanks to the patient tutoring by LaurieBeast I was able to sculpt my first prop. Thank you Laurie!

Terra is DMX controlled and the idea was born when my rotating Christmas tree stand started to sputter. If you remember, I started a thread asking everyone how I could use it for a prop. Ta Da! Terra is my icon for the haunt and this year she's been transformed into a post-apocalyptic vampire.

web303.jpg

websize285cropped.jpg

websizeforum1.jpg

I took loads of pictures during her build and if you want you can check out this video to see a slide show:

Forum3.jpg

C

·
0 Posts
OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! SHE IS FABULOUS!!!! LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT HER!!!! You are sooo talented!!!
Cathy, aka self-appointed President of Terra Fan Club

·
Hauntless
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! SHE IS FABULOUS!!!! LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT HER!!!! You are sooo talented!!!
Cathy, aka self-appointed President of Terra Fan Club
Oh, you are so sweet. Thank you so much for all the encouragement you gave me during this build. Loved building the tank. That was the easy part. heh.

I am so proud of you Terra! She is absolutely STUNNING! You stuck with it and now look at the result. Adding the animation took her to another level....something I have not even attempted yet. I stand and applaud you sweetie....awesome, incredible work!
Laurie, what can I say. Vampiress Morbida just knocked my socks off. When I realized that I had to build a realistic person for my idea, your 'The Bride' tutorial was the exact road map I needed. Then for you to hold my hand during her build....wow, am I lucky. Thank you, thank you, thank you :) This sculpt was H.A.R.D and through the experience I've learned to appreciate your talents even more.

You sculpted that!? Wow, she looks incredible! Great job. I think you just found your new specialty.
Thanks, but right now, doing another one of these monster (heh....get it? monster) projects is way off my radar. I sort-of-goofed. For my first sculpt I should have picked an unrecognizable monster. But noooo, I pick a beautiful vampire. She nearly killed me.

Excellent result! Well Done.
i can not begin to tell you what a amazing job you did ......WOW
WOW!!!!!Talented is a understatement!
Thanks so much :eek::p

Amazing. Tell me, what makes the finished sculpts so shiny looking?
I used a matte top coat which I thought made her look alive (not flat) but not shiny (like plastic).

Wow, that sculpt is amazing!
Thanks.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Stunning.....just..absolutely..blow..you..out..of..the..water..stunning. And to have begun as a simple wig head..I don't even know what to say, it's beautiful Terra! Amazing talent, artist's get rich doing work like that!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Oh my god Terra she is absolutely fantastic looking , for a first sculpt you sure did an amazing job , WOW she looks incredible , great job congrads , i am 100% sure the people visiting your haunt this year will think she is a real person ......your very talented bravo :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Awesome job Terra! Very life like. Your husband should be nervous, now that it looks like you could replace him. LOL.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts