Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've got a family of 6. I think we'll make them together this weekend as a "memory" making event.

Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
328 Posts
I made a pretty creepy looking scarecrow mask last year. First, i made a mold of my face with aluminum foil, then I covered it with expanding foam and carved the shape I wanted. Then I glued a burlap sack to it pressing the burlap into the detail. Then painted it. I made it so hopefully I could use it as a prop this year. Here's a picture, it's hard to see much of the detail though. Unfortunately I wasn't the only one with the scarecrow idea.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Dang, I should have mentioned, I'm the one in the back. I have a few thoughts for next time though. I should have added some blood, and dismembered the crow. Also a pitch fork with a crow impaled on it would have been nice. And, I'm not sure anymore about the rope hair. It looked too neat. I think that when I use it as a prop this year, I will try and mess up the hair a bit, and use some washes (dirty paint thinner) to give it some color. It should look more like it's been out in the elements for a wile. also, I think the hat turned out too shiny.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts