Halloween Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've got a family of 6. I think we'll make them together this weekend as a "memory" making event.

Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
363 Posts
Looks Great Keith!

I'ma try that methinks :p A scarecrow was one of our "must haves" in our last years yard haunt. We took an old skull mounted LEDs in the eye sockets and then glued parts of burlap over it to obtain a similar look.

Also, I'm from yer neck of the woods too, I live and haunt in Omaha.

Good Haunting,

Steve

·
Registered
356 Posts
I made a pretty creepy looking scarecrow mask last year. First, i made a mold of my face with aluminum foil, then I covered it with expanding foam and carved the shape I wanted. Then I glued a burlap sack to it pressing the burlap into the detail. Then painted it. I made it so hopefully I could use it as a prop this year. Here's a picture, it's hard to see much of the detail though. Unfortunately I wasn't the only one with the scarecrow idea.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Dang, I should have mentioned, I'm the one in the back. I have a few thoughts for next time though. I should have added some blood, and dismembered the crow. Also a pitch fork with a crow impaled on it would have been nice. And, I'm not sure anymore about the rope hair. It looked too neat. I think that when I use it as a prop this year, I will try and mess up the hair a bit, and use some washes (dirty paint thinner) to give it some color. It should look more like it's been out in the elements for a wile. also, I think the hat turned out too shiny.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts