Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking it would be fun to share all of our before and after DIY stuff we have made! I have so many projects going right now and I would love to share what I have repurposed into some neat stuff!! Most of this stuff I got at DT or a thrift shop or two (ok, maybe 5 or 6!)
Looking forward to seeing what you guys have made!!

Ketchum & cage em
(2 DT hampers + 2 chains + Michael's skeleton)
Working on 2 more of these, a rat skeleton and a bat hanging upside down from a wooden dowel

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I was thinking it would be fun to share all of our before and after DIY stuff we have made! I have so many projects going right now and I would love to share what I have repurposed into some neat stuff!! Most of this stuff I got at DT or a thrift shop or two (ok, maybe 5 or 6!)
Looking forward to seeing what you guys have made!!

Ketchum & cage em
(2 DT hampers + 2 chains + Michael's skeleton)
Working on 2 more of these, a rat skeleton and a bat hanging upside down from a wooden dowel
I made the same cage with DT laundry baskets. I made it just a bit differently than you. Hard to see the chains, but I am using chains from a wire hanging flower basket. The skellie is from Walgreens.

DSCF2690 - Copy.JPG

I also transformed some Dollar Tree pink flamingos into vultures.

DSCF2693 - Copy.JPG

DSCF2694 - Copy.JPG

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love your brass fasteners!!! That looks amazing! Damn I wish I thought of that haha
Those flamingos in disguises are so great! Awesome ideas! I also like your skeletons legs hanging out.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I love your brass fasteners!!! That looks amazing! Damn I wish I thought of that haha
Those flamingos in disguises are so great! Awesome ideas! I also like your skeletons legs hanging out.
Thank-you.

The brass fasteners are just those paper fasteners. It took me a little while to figure out the best way to install them. The plastic is a bit brittle, or at least the plastic on my laundry baskets were. I thought about drilling holes to pop them through, or taking a hammer and nail and punch holes. I ended up taking a nail and heated it up and then melted holes through both baskets. I also used some zip ties to keep everything together and lined up as I punched holes for the fasteners. The fasteners work well at keeping both baskets locked together and they are easy to remove. I still used 4 small zip ties to help keep the baskets together just in case.

The flamingos turned vultures were fun to make with the little neighbor girl. I wish that I had seen the idea sooner before Dollar Tree started packing up their flamingos. I was only able to grab up 4 of them. I'll be grabbing up a whole case of them for next year.

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
This is where I got my idea from to make the cage.
Thanks! This will work out great with the pirate ship!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts