Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure there are threads on here, but my brain cannot fathom the search parameters to type in for what I want to find. Maybe the awesome folks here can at least point me in the correct direction.

I would like to build a very simple light controller for up to 16 channels of LED lights I have made, but don't have the flow to invest in a true LOR. What can I do, if anything?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Cullen

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lights are just a basic 2 led circuit, soldered together with a resistor on the negative end, run off of an old computer power supply.

Looking for a way to make them sync to music without having to make too big of an investment in new technology.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
look up Vixen, its DMX based free software for animating lights. then look on ebay for a dmx dc control board.

I'm just wondering what kind of control board I should be looking at. I'm just now looking into the DMX control units, and as I am just getting started in the electronics side of haunts, I am at a loss for what I want/need. I am currently running my homemade lights on a 5v output, and have only found 12v controllers.

I'm so lost. :eek:

Thanks again for all the help everyone.

·
Registered
28 Posts
This is the controller board I am going to use this year.
http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/701799/209915969-378111925/Easy-DMX-LED-controller-dmx-decoder-driver.html

27 channels, Dmx controlled, manual addressing. Simple.
The board it's self needs 12 volt to operate, but can switch (has been tested by others) 5 to 30 volt. there 2 different input points, one to power the board, then you can insert the DC voltage you want switch at different locations, this board is constant anode also, so you are switching the negative side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts