Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished a project for my Haunted Mansion powder room decor. I took cheap gold 70's candle sconces and made them into instant antiques.

DSCF4323.jpg

IMG_0151-001.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

DSCF4341.jpg

I posted a tutorial on my blog this morning, if anybody is interested in making their own. The technique works on all kinds of items...candle holders, chandeliers, lamps, picture frames etc...:)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hilda. They are really, really easy to do.:)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love them. I have passed up these same sconces at a garage sale, I knew I should have got them.
Thanks! I used the same technique on an old thrift store chandelier once and hung it in my wrought iron gazebo outside. I took the wiring out and used taper candles instead. It was really pretty. I forgot it when we moved...dang it! I hope the new owners enjoy it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just printed it out on individual sheets and the pieced them together to make the full panel. I know you can buy the wallpaper by the roll now on spoonflower.com
but it is way too rich for my blood!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Very nice! I purchased two sets of sconces on Etsy last year which were also up-cycled '60's décor. This year I bought a pair of gold plastic sconces at a thrift store ($.99 each!) which I will alter myself. Looking forward to your tutorial.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I have some of these somewhere in my stash. I have to find them now. Great job. I love how they turned out.

StacyN, I was looking for the tutorial, where is your blog located?
I closed my blog earlier this year. I just didn't have the time to devote to it. Plus, I am a more private person than what people expect on a blog...so it was a constant struggle with how much to reveal personally. Anyway...that being said the tutorial is long gone. However, I have no problem writing it up again for you guys if you really want me to. Let me know...:)

·
The Cackling Cauldron
1,297 Posts
I closed my blog earlier this year. I just didn't have the time to devote to it. Plus, I am a more private person than what people expect on a blog...so it was a constant struggle with how much to reveal personally. Anyway...that being said the tutorial is long gone. However, I have no problem writing it up again for you guys if you really want me to. Let me know...:)
I would love to see the tutorial if you still want to share.
Your work is fantastic.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would love to see the tutorial if you still want to share.
Your work is fantastic.
Okay. This week is a little hectic, but I will try and get it written up asap.

Thanks a_granger:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
10 Participants
a_granger
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing