Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that repurpose porcelain dolls into true works of creep art, how do you start? I found some beautiful bases at thrift stores but have no idea which paints are the best for porcelain. Bethane I know you are the Queen of this! Enlightened me!

I bought these from Mystic Crypt and would love to try something like this.....or vampires

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,521 Posts
Not an expert but someone that went down a YouTube rabbit hole recently:
In the vids I watched, most makers used watercolor pencils, some prime them (can't recall with what), & one even used plain old acrylic paint but didn't seal it but that doesn't seem like a good idea to me (the not sealing part, not the acrylic paint part).

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn those Youtube rabbit holes!!! Hahaha I literally lost time today watching those videos. Looks like I'll be headed to Michaels for watercolor pencils!!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,521 Posts
A few nights ago I started out watching cute cat videos, then went to some Rhett & Link stuff & ended up watching some dude that bought a minivan that was on Pimp My Ride that he restored to "pimp" condition & gave it to his brother! :LOL:

It's those dang thumbnails that get me!! Especially the cute cats, I'm sucker for those vids & channels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts