Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I had a clown room last year n everybody loved it, but I wanna step it up this year. I'm looking for advice on how to build a circus tent. Any suggestions would be great.

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,533 Posts
Welcome to the HF, Irene74! I figured... who better to reply to a clown thread than The Joker. lol.

In 2018 the theme for the year in my home office was a circus. The best suggestion I can make was the tent I built. I bought a 10' x 10' pop-up tent used for tailgating. Then I covered it with red and white striped plastic sheeting. The striped sheeting was the hardest part because it was tough to find, but take a look at the pics, and I posted a short video I took. :cool: It turned out pretty good, and people really loved it. Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the HF, Irene74! I figured... who better to reply to a clown thread than The Joker. lol.

In 2018 the theme for the year in my home office was a circus. The best suggestion I can make was the tent I built. I bought a 10' x 10' pop-up tent used for tailgating. Then I covered it with red and white striped plastic sheeting. The striped sheeting was the hardest part because it was tough to find, but take a look at the pics, and I posted a short video I took. :cool: It turned out pretty good, and people really loved it. Let me know if you have any questions.

View attachment 728093

View attachment 728094
Thanks that looks awesome. Yes that's what I want but bigger. I've seen searching for material n it's near impossible. I'm in Australia, so I'm very limited

·
Registered
9 Posts

View attachment 728093

View attachment 728094
Gotta love that Creepy Collection!

;)

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,533 Posts
Gotta love that Creepy Collection!

;)
Huh... someone who actually could identify him. (y) I've not seen anyone else with The Child Eater clown. Lots of people like him, but since he's not mass produced I wouldn't expect anyone to recognize him. If you've worked with Jeremy, he's a good guy! I kinda like the latest version of the The Child Eater a little better with the bloody mouth, but mine is great as is!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Jer is good people. I have a large order for 2020 with him. 😉 Child Eater among them. Taking things to a new level this year and real excited to see what he brings to TW. 🤡

·
Registered
107 Posts
Here in the states, many of the flea market vendors use 3/4 inch EMT and prefabricated connectors to make whatever tent frame they need. I have seen the connectors as large as 1 1/4". There are many configurations that these connectors come in.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I used plastic table cloths on a roll, I found some at Michaels (craft store in the US) and Oriental Trading Co (mail order catalogue.) though you can also find them not ona roll and just as individual table cloths, but for the lencth I needed the rolls worked best.
I basically got all white ones and All red ones and hung them from my ceiling in alternating colors. I think if you search this site for " big top of the bizarre" you'll find my pics which has some of the tent. I don't have any photos on the phone I'm typing from right now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts