Halloween Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone. i was wondering if anyone has ever made fake cannonballs. or know of a way to make them. if thought of maybe finding the little kid plastic bowling balls but they may get expensive. thanks in advance

·
Registered
291 Posts
paper Mache is cheap and easy. Small round balloons wrapped with papermache. Let it dry and pop the balloon with a pin.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I made a cannon for Halloween last year and needed some cannonballs to complete my pirate cemetary. I was going to buy styrofoam balls but realized I might be in a high wind location. I figured something would come to me and several days later I found giant Christmas ornaments at the Dollar Store! Thankfully they had already put out Christmas stuff a month before Halloween. I bought 4 of them (styrofoam balls are never that cheap), sanded the mold separation lines down and painted them flat black. I turned the little ornament hanger "nipples" inward and hot glued them together in a pyramid. Done!

·
Pirate of the Puget Sound
718 Posts
I just use the plastic ball from the cheap ball and chain prop found at most stores at Halloween time. I found them on sale last year for $1 a piece. I lightly spray them with a texture spray and tie them together. They stand up better than foam balls and are cheaper.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I see cheap bowling balls at thrift stores all the time! Large, black, heavy and would stand up to any punishment year after year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Awesome idea and execution! I live in a windy area as well going to try either this or bowling balls.

I made a cannon for Halloween last year and needed some cannonballs to complete my pirate cemetary. I was going to buy styrofoam balls but realized I might be in a high wind location. I figured something would come to me and several days later I found giant Christmas ornaments at the Dollar Store! Thankfully they had already put out Christmas stuff a month before Halloween. I bought 4 of them (styrofoam balls are never that cheap), sanded the mold separation lines down and painted them flat black. I turned the little ornament hanger "nipples" inward and hot glued them together in a pyramid. Done!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.