Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I found a place where I can order a bloody hand towel but it costs close to $30 for shipping, and honestly, I don't think it's worth that amount of money. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for making a white hand towel look bloody with handprints? What type of paint? Should I dilute it? Etc..

Thanks in advanced! :)

·
Scariest guy on the block
1,956 Posts
I would buy some red spray paint for this. Get some latex or nitrile gloves. Spray a bunch of paint into a shallow pan or a dish, Aluminum pie pan would be great for this. DON'T use Styrofoam, the paint will eat it. Dip your gloved hand, palm down in the paint. Then press your hand onto the towel. Let the towel dry then you should be set. The spray paint will stick to the towel and survive washing, unlike water based acrylic craft paint. You can flick paint off your fingers to create blood spots.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I did this years ago, and made a shower curtain to go with it.

You can get a red paint sample at Home Depot or Lowes or a few dollars. No need to dilute it.

I purchased some cheap towels at Target (stick with a light color so that the blood shows up well) and a white shower curtain in the kid's section.

Best to do this project outside!! I flicked and smeared "blood" all over the yard. This is up to you, but I also left my items outside during a light drizzle so that the blood looked like it was running and had soaked through. Note: don't leave it outside in a downpour!!

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
white towel with red poster paint. apply paint to hand and print on towel. (the paint is the one the kids use to do their hand prints)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts