Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of a full Halloween scene...graveyard...haunted house..etc. painted on sheets and hung across entire front of my house. Has anyone ever done one of these yourself? I would like to try this myself instead of buying those scene setters. Ideas?

·
Registered
352 Posts
if I were to do that I would use a canvas drop cloth from home depot, but you would have to consider your weather, espeacly wind

·
Registered
30 Posts
My brother and myself built a back drop for our haunt about 6-7 years ago!

We used scene setters, 1 - 4' high graveyard setter and 1 - 4' high haunted trees setter. We bought a 8'x20' blue tarp from Harbor Freight and spray glued the scene setter to the tarp. We then taped some scene setter addons (ghosts mostly) to the scene setter.

My brother built a frame that is 8'x22' (22' is the width of or double driveway between two houses. He built it out of 2x4 and it's completely able to breakdown into single boards. I'm not the wood worker, i'm the programmer so I can't completely describe his process lol.

Hope this gives you some inspiration!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I think using fabric or canvas to make scene setters is a good idea. One thing I would do if you were to hang them is add some weight to the bottoms so they hang straight and won't blow around. Maybe staple the bottoms to some 2x4s or make a hem to run a metal bar into. Or you could build a frame and stretch the fabric onto the frame. If you want to use canvas, here is a website for some fairly inexpensive canvas that you can buy by the yard. https://www.onlinefabricstore.net/63-inch-single-fill-7-oz-duck-fabric-.htm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts