Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sleep with one eye open
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All ,

Having great fun looking at all of the incredible new props and haunts this year from the Forum members . Thought I would share a new prop I have made .

I needed something to add to my haunted living room cathedral radio and decided upon an old phonograph . It is made from cardboard and some miscellaneous bits . It has a battery powered motor that rotates the turn table . Like the radio it has powered speakers with an mp3 playing audio . It plays one song , a scratchy record version of "Oh Death" by Ralph Stanley .

Thanks for looking ,

Tom

·
Registered
270 Posts
Looks great! Would you happen to have any pics of the process or be able to provide a tutorial on the way you get the cardboard to look like that? Very cool

·
Registered
223 Posts
Really great job and looks so authentic.... you should be really proud of it... and I love the song choice ... but then again I am biased as I loved the movie it came from! :D

Reactions: Greenwick

·
Sleep with one eye open
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
QUOTE=jonnyci;1817798]Looks great! Would you happen to have any pics of the process or be able to provide a tutorial on the way you get the cardboard to look like that? Very cool[/QUOTE]

Thanks Dr. Jitters, Danski, bamtunebam, StanFam3 ,Rigormortor ,Zombiegrl ,bobzilla ,bshmerlie and Greenwick for the kind comments .

Hi jonnyci , no photos of the making of , sorry .It started with a cable modem box . The corners and feet are made from scrap cardboard cut to shape and glued on . The swirls are stick on wood cutouts from Dollarama .The hardest part was the horn . I rolled paper into the shape of the horn and kept extending the length to what I needed . I cut thin cardboard into the fanned shapes , taped them to the paper and bent them to form the dipped shape . Covered it all with paper mache until it kept its form . Hope that helps .

Thank you The Halloween Lady , your Phantom Manor is phenomenal . So many great ideas in there to borrow .

Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts