Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got some pics or video of this. Their youtube video isn't running on my puter

I would like to see if someone has some detailed pics of this. I see the illusion but can't tell where/how the switch takes place. It might be a moving curtain but not sure.

Lets help out a fellow haunter :D
-PB

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok????? I see there is a piston that flies forward. Does the man step out of the way? I have never scene a transformation box?
I figure if I can figure out the spill your guts prop I should be able to figure this out.lol

But I need better pics, I never saw this in person.
-PB

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
ok????? I see there is a piston that flies forward. Does the man step out of the way? I have never scene a transformation box?
I figure if I can figure out the spill your guts prop I should be able to figure this out.lol

But I need better pics, I never saw this in person.
-PB
It's an illusion similar to a pepper's ghost. Look at the floor, the one-way mirror there on the diagonal is the trick. You see the man on the other side because he's lit. The piston drives forward to right in front of his face, there's a flash, then you see the squished head. What's happend is during that flash, the light went off in the part the man was in, and came on in the reflected scene of gore, so that it is now reflected in the mirror.

Look up old gorilla girl side show attractions for details on how the illusion was used and how to build.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks that was a big help. I don't like the effect as much as I thought I did at 1st. I didn't care for the switch using lights and stuff. Not quite what I was looking for at this point.
Your input did help and clear up how this was done, THANKS. I also found this:

-PB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts