Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all-
Now, I have always loved the Distortions Evil Annie static prop; however, I have never understood the justification for her price tag. After looking around online, I have found the cheapest price to be about $725 including shipping. I was wondering if anybody could enlighten me as to why she costs so much, being a fairly small (about 4'), static prop. Distortions' seemingly comparable Bad Betty prop is usually priced around $200, but can be found for much less some places. So my ultimate question is: Why is Evil Annie 4x the price???

·
Registered
290 Posts
I first want to say that I do not own either or these props but have seen quite a few Distortions props. That being said, I can offer my thoughts on why there would be such a disparity in the prices. First would be composition. My guess is Bad Betty is just a latex skinned polyfoam prop. She may even be finished on the front only and not be completed on the back. I would think Evil Annie would be a more professional level prop having better detailing, possibly a higher priced sculptor that made it, and made with a better quality foam latex. The armature inside may be more substantial as well. Again, not having these props I cannot verify this but having met the people from Distortions I do not think they would just 'make up' a price to see if they could get it. I hope this helps and maybe some on here that has one can chime in with more info.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I first want to say that I do not own either or these props but have seen quite a few Distortions props. That being said, I can offer my thoughts on why there would be such a disparity in the prices. First would be composition. My guess is Bad Betty is just a latex skinned polyfoam prop. She may even be finished on the front only and not be completed on the back. I would think Evil Annie would be a more professional level prop having better detailing, possibly a higher priced sculptor that made it, and made with a better quality foam latex. The armature inside may be more substantial as well. Again, not having these props I cannot verify this but having met the people from Distortions I do not think they would just 'make up' a price to see if they could get it. I hope this helps and maybe some on here that has one can chime in with more info.
Makes sense to me; thanks for the info!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts