Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can only find 1 video of this props.
its feet are supposed to move in a walking pattern.

in the only video I can find. it doesn't show this very well, if at all.

just looks like the old ghost dog collar trick.

I think the idea of the walking feet has potential

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I e mailed DU
they said it was discontinued.

I e mailed them again, saying some were on e bay. did they have any footage of the prop.

since the ones I saw on ebay were new. I assume they are in boxes.
from that really short clip above. I dont think this is worth asking someone to take it out, to video tape. Just so I can confirm its not worth it. Heck even DU isnt selling them anymore. And they dont even have any video of it.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Just saw this thread. That's my video that I took at a Halloween show a couple years ago and thought the prop was great - rolled very smoothly and the feet are attached to the wheels so they move around and did give the look of walking. However, when we actually got it in stock, some changes had been made to the prop. Instead of the welded chain at the the neck, it was a flat, somewhat bendable piece of metal that did not stay stiff enough when you pushed the prop forward. This caused the prop to just lean forward, rather than propel it into movement. The only way we could get it to work at all was to lean it backward toward us, which then did not have the same effect. It no longer looked like it was walking or reaching forward. Too bad they changed it, it was very cool.

If you can get one that actually has the old, welded chain on it, it should work well.

Nancy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts