Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of us have searched and searched all over the forum and internet for different techniques to make our tombstones? Or how many of us have come cross a tombstone here and there and wondered how they made it or what techniques they used?

Well after doing that myself for the past couple years and looking at a bunch of different threads with cemetaries, graveyards, tombstones and such, I figured why not start a thread where people can display just their tombstones. :) I was also inspired by Terra's latest awesome thread with her video on how she paints and weathers her tombstones, to make this thread. If you havent checked it out, you need to!

And then while looking thru this thread, if anybody likes specific tombstones displayed here and want to know how they made them and or painted/weathered them, they can do so! :) Enjoy and hopefully somebody will come away with some great ideas for their tombstones! :D

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some of mine. I plan on doing some more for this year, using some of Terra's techniques.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,605 Posts
These are the ones I've made so far this year. These are posted in various threads here but once more altogether.

I have two more in the works and have orders for four from co workers who want them! I can use the cash to fund other Halloween purchases.

Reactions: OHS

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WOW, awesome tombstones everybody! So much detail its amazing!

Jimmyzdc : Mind if I ask what painting and weathering techniqes u used? I love the "stone" look on them. I've been trying to get a better stone look on mine and plan on trying Terra's techniques and was wondering what u did. Thanks!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Uruk-Hai, where were you finding those cool statues to put on the tops? They look awesome. Were they expensive?

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,605 Posts
Uruk-Hai, where were you finding those cool statues to put on the tops? They look awesome. Were they expensive?
Check places like Big Lots. They usualy carry some nice garden statues and will mark them down toward early August. The large sitting cherub on one of mine came from there. It was originally $50.00 but I got it for 30% off. You can also go to garden centers, which normally carry a nice selection but they are usually more pricey and the don't mark them down. If you have a Tuesday Morning or TJ Maxx, they also carry statues that are not too expensive.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,294 Posts

Made for a contest over on Hauntforum (less than 12 hours start to finish, $8 and change :rolleyes: )

My scaled down version of a beloved stone:

I seriously need to take better pics, but I run out of time...

·
Registered
483 Posts
Check places like Big Lots. They usualy carry some nice garden statues and will mark them down toward early August. The large sitting cherub on one of mine came from there. It was originally $50.00 but I got it for 30% off. You can also go to garden centers, which normally carry a nice selection but they are usually more pricey and the don't mark them down. If you have a Tuesday Morning or TJ Maxx, they also carry statues that are not too expensive.

The woman's bust was from Micheal's with a 50% off coupon and the large angel was as jdubbya said from a department store. It had been dropped and there was a section of the wing broken and the base was smashed. I asked the manager and got it for $20 normally $60. I glued the base as best I could and filled in the hole in the wing - it just looks more old and weathered.

·
Registered
622 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
well i'm sorta imbaressed to post my tombstones, but here are a few.
ok it's all the mess, but i couldn't figure out my pass word for photo bucket to edit stuff out.
on the plus side i gots me a dremel tool today!!!!!!:D

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
St gabriels - don't be embarassed - I like your tombstones. I always like the ones that show a sense of humor, and yours do. I've only made 1 tombstone so far this year and I went with the old line "I TOLD YOU I WAS SICK", so you've given me some inspiration :)

1 - 20 of 144 Posts