Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently working on a fairly large 2 way mirror project on which to project dancing ghosts behind on another sheet of angled plexiglass. This should give the illusion of ghosts dancing in the room that are only seen in the mirror. This was an homage to both the "doom buggy hitchhiking ghosts" AND the ballroom scene from the Haunted Mansion ride and film. I have used 2 way mirror tricks and the pepper's ghost effect to achieve this. (Tutorial to come later I think :))

I will have a good deal of rather expensive mirrored film left over after this project but have tons of much smaller glass photo frames to turn into 2 way mirrors.

HERE IS MY MAIN QUESTION:

For those of you who are more familiar with the ride (I haven't been in about 15 years) ; is there not ALSO the use of 2 way mirrors towards the beginning of the ride/ in the cue? I can't seem to find photos anywhere but I swear I remember a series of mirrors with souls trapped in them or something, or that distorted your own face when you looked closely into them at some point BEFORE you get into the "doom buggies." Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Anyone have photos or a good description of the portion of the ride? I can not seem to find this info online. OR any good ideas for small 2 way mirror projects probably NOT involving projectors or video screens?

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Haunted Mansion at DisneyWorld does not have mirrors that you look into while waiting in line. The ride was updated about a year ago and the guests can choose to wait in the "regular" line or go through a short walkthrough with some interactive things...this is still outside. Once you get inside you first go into the "expanding" room with the portraits on the walls and from there its just a line to the doom buggies. The only other prop that I can remember seeing using mirrors is the "endless" hallway with the floating candlestick. However, this is when you're already riding in the doom buggy. I dont know if this helped you or not! Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I don't remember a mirror of trapped souls. They have the changing portrait hallway, and then the sculpted busts whose gaze follows you as you walk by to line up for the doom buggies.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts