Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All:

I'm looking for a copy of Disney's Chilling, Thrilling Sounds of the Haunted House 1979 -- as released on audio cassette tape. In other words, a factory produced tape — not a taped copy from the record.

I know there are many nostalgic fans of the pops and clicks from the records we had as kids, but I'm not one of them. Sorry. :( I have a little pro audio suite to dub it digitally, and I personally find it much easier to remove tape hiss instead of vinyl pops and clicks.

If anyone has a copy they would be willing to trust to me, I would happily return it to them as well as a CD copy, complete with professional label and jewel case insert (I have my original vinyl copy, as well as a sophisticated color laser printer and a background in design — so I promise it will be good.) :D

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to correct you Hallowiener —

The Disney's Haunted House 1979 edition was released on tape. It was sold on a cardboard blister-card-like sheet that looked like a miniaturized and cropped LP album cover. The cassette itself was orange with a white label.

I know this because I have it on tape, but mine was ruined as the result of improper storage in the last 25+ years. Now it doesn't play back properly.

·
Forbidden Cryptkeeper
2,198 Posts
I should have read Chef's page HERE better at his Doombuggies site. He writes this on that page:

"Walt Disney Studios' Chilling, Thrilling Sounds of the Haunted House
Out of print (Walt Disney Storyteller Records 2507B, Vinyl/Cassette release"

Sorry. It must be pretty rare because I've never seen one on ebay ever.

·
Forbidden Cryptkeeper
2,198 Posts
Is this the cassette you had? I hope so because I just bought it off ebay. Unfortunately no inserts. It says "Seven Frigtening Situations" on the label which is what is on Side 1 of the 1979 LP. I only ask because the seller has it described as the 1964 version with Laura Olsher. I don't think it is though. I wrote the seller and told him that if the tape I get isn't the one in his photo I will be wanting a full refund.

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Forbidden Cryptkeeper
2,198 Posts
Do you just want a copy of it, or would you like the tape itself. Either way is fine with me. If you want a didgital copy I can do it free. If you want the tape it would be $11.50 (WITH SHIPPING) which is what I paid for it. I'd want to rip a copy for myself first though.

I guess we should wait until I receive it, and make sure what I receive is what the seller has pictured.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Either way it sounds like a plan. Drop me a line when it arrives. If you can digitize it in a CD-quality bit rate and webmail, I'll clean it up and send it back to you.

Amazing how quick you found it. I was just on eBay the other day looking myself. What search words did you use?

·
Forbidden Cryptkeeper
2,198 Posts
I set the search to music and left it blank. Then I clikced on "Cassette", and then typed in "'Disney Chilling Thrilling Sounds of the Haunted House". It was the only item that came up for a result. I'll get back to you when it arrives, and I can check it out. I can digitize it no problem at 320kbps. Then I'll send you a zip of the wav files you can edit.

If I had someone's scan of the Tape Inserts I could print some out on card stock, and make my own exact insert. I guess I can always make an insert from my LP cover scans also.

Dave

·
Forbidden Cryptkeeper
2,198 Posts
Here ya go -
Haunted Dimensions - "Chilling, Thrilling Sounds Of The Haunted House"

Check this out.

I KNEW we had this in my house when I was growing up in the '60's.
That's the website that uses my LP rip for his readers to listen to. He specifically asked me to leave the pops and clicks in it. I belong to Dedicated To Lemax. Several members are now in the process of putting together several of his 3-D Paper Models to use in their Spookytown Villages. The quality of his cutouts is outstanding.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Saw those. Very cool. If I ever get the time, I'll try putting one together.

Equally cool is this "Escape from the Haunted Mansion" Board Game

Not the same as the official game with the spinning floor tiles (which my best friend in grade school owned), but credit goes to its creator for homage to the ride as well as the old school gaming factor.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have a version of the LP ripped to mp3. I like the pop and clicks of the LP. I miss my vinyl collection.
Someone had a link to download it. I'll try to find it and try to post it for you.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Halloweiner, thanks again for the links. You posted them last year and that is where I downloaded them from. I use these SFX all the time in my show and my haunt.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Disney album

yeah that is a good scary album for Halloween and rated G for the kids..so good choice. I always put on the cable channel that has music playing all day and for Halloween there is always a good station that has scary music or theme holiday music.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts