Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow Haunters,

Haven't been here in awhile... So busy with my work and difficult to keep up with all of these boards! LoL I am really excited to post this photo of my "Newest" set of Disneyland's Stretch Paintings. It is the 3rd set I have painted... Seem's like I am getting better every time I am able to paint them... This set I created for my own themed Office out of my home... Extremely Brilliant since the entrance is hidden and the entry into my office is practically duplicate of the mansion! Well as close as I could get... The Paintings and frames I created myself. Gargoyles with candles, I sculpted and are being wired for electric, as we speak, wanescoting actually have had to snub on finding things as close to original as I could get, with the photos I have... the sealing I painted myself.. the Wall Paper... I also created and painted the wall "EXTREME PROCESS!!! but worth it!!! Also posted my first draft of the wall paper I painted on art board. All in all I am really excited!! Hope everyone enjoys the art work... :) The Grinning Raven

Post stretch paintings.jpg
wall paper.jpg

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Everyone!! Took lots of work to perfect the talent but it's something that has payed off both personal desires and Professional. I am working on my last project, set design director 2015 and plan on doing many things I have had to put off for years!

The Stretch Paintings were pretty difficult to paint in themselves. There are not really any good photos of The Haunted Mansion Paintings... most which you are able to find are those washed out photos people take on the ride... It actually took MONTHS to find enough information on all of the paintings in the Haunted Mansion in order for me to these reproductions. "I have actually painted all of the paintings hanging in the Haunted mansion now. Still have a good deal to do on my HM themed office but it is turning out brilliant! Again Thanks for all of your complements! The Grinning Raven

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is another look at the Stretch Paintings. These were taken with a cell phone, so not as good but if you look at the wall paper you will see wall paper to some might look familiar.... If you do a google search with (Holly Madison Haunted Mansion Themed Wedding Shower) You will see this exact covering. I had loaned my paintings and help to Ashley Matthau. daughter n law to the late Walter Matthau. She and her friends through this shower for her.... Once she was finished she gave me all of the wall paper and material they used for the decorating... The set of Stretch Paintings that were at Ashley's home were actually my second set of paintings. much larger than these I am showing all of you... The Grinning Raven

dynamite.jpg
deargeorge.jpg
quicksand.jpg
nell.jpg

·
Disney Inspired
840 Posts
Those look great! Absolutely beautiful! Have you ever considered having your paintings scanned so they can be reproduced, perhaps for sale (hint, hint)?

Also, you mentioned that you sculpted the Gargoyles with candles. Did I miss a post on those? Another item that perhaps can be cast for reproduction (hint, hint)?

Love your work and your posts!

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
:)Wow! Very cool, you nailed the pictures...in fact, I feel like if I look beside me there will be a ghost sitting beside me....Doombuggy style!:D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello Friends,

Thank you for your kind compliments. I really appreciate them! Unfortunately I can and would not produce my paintings in poster form. I ride a thin line when I am commissioned to do a painting of the Mansion by fans. Disney is not really worried about those who paint their work, I mean in copy right laws, anyone who draws Micky Mouse on their wall is breaking copyright. But it is a form of art... It would be extremely difficult for someone to make any kind of living in painting portraits of the mansion. But those who put reproduction into a production line and produce hundred's or thousands of these posters run into a very serious risk of a law suit. I do and have sold my paintings with the "Strict" warning of duplication. I spent many years on University and my career to prefect my ability to re-produce a painting as close as I am able to the original. It really demeans the art when hundreds of posters are developed from the work. So, I am very sorry but would never make posters of my work... Thanks Friends Sincerely Joel- The Grinning Raven

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello Friends,

Thank you for your kind compliments. I really appreciate them! Unfortunately I can and would not produce my paintings in poster form. I ride a thin line when I am commissioned to do a painting of the Mansion by fans. Disney is not really worried about those who paint their work, I mean in copy right laws, anyone who draws Micky Mouse on their wall is breaking copyright. But it is a form of art... It would be extremely difficult for someone to make any kind of living in painting portraits of the mansion. But those who put reproduction into a production line and produce hundred's or thousands of these posters run into a very serious risk of a law suit. I do and have sold my paintings with the "Strict" warning of duplication. I spent many years on University and my career to prefect my ability to re-produce a painting as close as I am able to the original. It really demeans the art when hundreds of posters are developed from the work. So, I am very sorry but would never make posters of my work... Thanks Friends Sincerely Joel- The Grinning Raven
Your work is stunning! I too would love to see the rest of the office entry.

Regarding prints, not a chance the Mouse would allow that, but, you might get them to display and sell originals in the high end art store on Main St., Disneyana. I love that store, but I know I will come home with expensive art from there one day.

·
Registered
449 Posts
WOW! Those are amazing. Hard to believe they are not the actual attraction paintings. All of your hard work in developing your skills has clearly paid off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts