Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on a big project for this next Halloween... I will be posting the finished projects.... I have cleared out one of my larger bedrooms and will be putting together a Haunted Mansion room with all of my designs and paintings... Hope you enjoy.....:D

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are finished paintings I have done of the Haunted Mansion Portraits... My first Portrait was "Master Gracey" 24" x 36" working on framing it now... Also I have finished 2 of the Stretching Portraits 4 x 6 foot. Frames I will be putting together soon to look just like the ones at HM... I am now working on the second 2 portraits, as we speak.... Paintings are done in Oil on Canvas...

·
Registered
36 Posts
great but...

...why copy the originals?..why not make up you're own?...I can appreciate the wrk but I would go with something more you're own instead
of infringing on the already existing paintings.

ST1

·
Registered
288 Posts
Really nice work here!! You are very talented. Are you planning to do the entrance with the rising pictures etc? Sounds like a fun project.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have painted many of my own designs if I decide to do a thread about those, I will..... As for Infringing on existing paintings is when you make to profit... This is (MY) collection... I am designing one of my rooms as HM it takes imagination and artistry to come up with the ideas to make it work... I am a fan of HM Just like hundreds of others who (Collect) HM memorabilia to fill it... or the hundreds that make there own Halloween displays based on HM... have you checked out the web lately on HM fans??? This string is based on my progression of this (Haunted Mansion) Project... The people who (want) to see the progression are HM fans....

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Dave.... Thank You!!! Actually I have a lot of fun Ideas that are going into this project... It took awhile for me to decide to do this I (Love) the Haunted Mansion and I've had many friends who have suggested I do it... My home is 6 bedroom, pretty large... I have a perfect room that will work for this project. On the inside of the room I will be constructing the door like the ones you see in hm. I want to animate the room as much as I can and have some great ideas for that! I won't be having the room stretch but I am going to build the "Stretch Paintings" on Rolling window shades and then motorize the frames to stretch... I made Madam Leota ball 2 years ago... ( In storage) I made changes to the stand that it sits on... I think mine is better!! lol... I have the looping Leota spells dvd which I project on a bust I sculpted of her... Also am going to sculpt the singing busts that will be sitting on a built in wall shelf I have the loop for that also... I've been slowly carving and building the 13 hour clock and have gotten a brilliant idea from another HM fan where she projects a Looping Moon with clouds crossing over!!! Looks really cool!! Hope to have everything finished by Halloween 2012 promised a bunch of HM fans that I would have a party at the house so they can all see it in person...:) Cheers

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have painted many of my own designs if I decide to do a thread about those, I will..... As for Infringing on existing paintings is when you make to profit... This is (MY) collection... I am designing one of my rooms as HM it takes imagination and artistry to come up with the ideas to make it work... I am a fan of HM Just like hundreds of others who (Collect) HM memorabilia to fill it... or the hundreds that make there own Halloween displays based on HM... have you checked out the web lately on HM fans??? This string is based on my progression of this (Haunted Mansion) Project... The people who (want) to see the progression are HM fans....
I've been a big fan of HM for a long time. I think your paintings are awesome. As far as you using the paintings to create the feel of the HM..it is more than cool. Not infringement. Isn't the whole Idea to create your home version of HM? :) I say..... keep going! :)

·
crossfit zombie
7,583 Posts
I agree.as I have stated before great work!!!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Great work. Very interesting to follow. You can't infringe if you don't profit from this.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Great work. Very interesting to follow. You can't infringe if you don't profit from this.
Correct. This is basically fan-art and is completely harmless. Not to mention, really well done.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello HM fans.....

Ran into a situation with building my HM room/office... Once I got the walls down and rebuilding I found out that my stretch paintings I have been working on will be to large!!!! I had to start from scratch and redo all of the Stretching Portraits in 7' x 2 1/2'. My first paintings were 6' x 4' I have finished the Dynamite Stretching painting... "Has not been an easy task" but have to say the finished project has been my best yet!!!! I am posting for your viewing!!! I am now working on Quicksand Stretching portrait and after this will be going back to the first 2.... The painting I have made of Master Gracey should work out fine and I have many more to paint. Hope you enjoy... Cheers

·
I am the one who knocks
1,939 Posts
Bravo, jwproductions, the portrait looks great. Looking forward to seeing the rest.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank You Much CC:) your comment is appreciated. I designed sets for Disney 14 years so have done quite a bit of painting and designing in my life. I have Quicksand that I will be finishing up soon. I will post it once I am done. I also have to re-do Tightrope Bell and Dear Beloved George since when these were painted I was in thoughts of doing my office in HM style. I painted them just because I love the paintings.

This last week I went to a show that had new brand of Oil Paints... They are much brighter and vibrant also they have UV sealant which is really awesome, When treating with UV sealant it really dulls the paint :( They are a bit more expensive but worth every cent!!! Check back on all of my updates :) Cheers Joel

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank You Much CC:) your comment is appreciated. I designed sets for Disney 14 years so have done quite a bit of painting and designing in my life. I have Quicksand that I will be finishing up soon. I will post it once I am done. I also have to re-do Tightrope Bell and Dear Beloved George since when these were painted I was in thoughts of doing my office in HM style. I painted them just because I love the paintings.

This last week I went to a show that had new brand of Oil Paints... They are much brighter and vibrant also they have UV sealant which is really awesome, When treating with UV sealant it really dulls the paint :( They are a bit more expensive but worth every cent!!! Check back on all of my updates :) Cheers Joel

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Hello HM fans.....

Ran into a situation with building my HM room/office... Once I got the walls down and rebuilding I found out that my stretch paintings I have been working on will be to large!!!! I had to start from scratch and redo all of the Stretching Portraits in 7' x 2 1/2'. My first paintings were 6' x 4' I have finished the Dynamite Stretching painting... "Has not been an easy task" but have to say the finished project has been my best yet!!!! I am posting for your viewing!!! I am now working on Quicksand Stretching portrait and after this will be going back to the first 2.... The painting I have made of Master Gracey should work out fine and I have many more to paint. Hope you enjoy... Cheers View attachment 109497
This painting is fantastic. You have done a great job on this one.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts