Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone able to tell what material the wreath is? Is it just a green garland Christmas wreath spray painted black or were they made black from the factory. Also is it even a normal garland material? I can't find one anywhere. I only found one website that sells black wreaths but they look kinda small in the center and they look to shiny. I really want to find the ones they use at Disneyland.

image.jpg

Typical Ghoul Next Door
It looks like a black wreath. Michaels sells black wreaths around this time of year; I have one used as a gravesite flower arrangement but with spiders/webbing in it. (There are actually many home goods places that sell wreaths and even x-mas trees in different colors)

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone else have any ideas? To me it doesn't look like a standard black pine needle wreath. Most standard black wreaths are also shiny this is a Matt black.

I was also thinking it could be sprayed black moss but I don't think that's it either. Also does anyone know what that black wood wrapped around the wreath is called? I can't seem to find that either

image.jpg

image.jpg

Registered
OK SeinfeldKramer, I took a special look at them when I was at Disneyland this past weekend. You can't get close enough to the wreaths, really, but there are swags on the light posts that seem to be made the same way, and I looked at them closely. The black stuff is, indeed, the plastic Christmas pine needle wreath sort, where the "needles" are attached to wire. They are made of black plastic, not painted, and are shiny up close, not matte. The "black wood" wrapped around the wreath is latex over something hard, and from the look was cast from a mold made from a pumpkin vine. You could probably get pretty much the same effect by soaking dried pumpkin vines, wrapping them as desired, then painting them black.

Hope that helps!

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
OK SeinfeldKramer, I took a special look at them when I was at Disneyland this past weekend. You can't get close enough to the wreaths, really, but there are swags on the light posts that seem to be made the same way, and I looked at them closely. The black stuff is, indeed, the plastic Christmas pine needle wreath sort, where the "needles" are attached to wire. They are made of black plastic, not painted, and are shiny up close, not matte. The "black wood" wrapped around the wreath is latex over something hard, and from the look was cast from a mold made from a pumpkin vine. You could probably get pretty much the same effect by soaking dried pumpkin vines, wrapping them as desired, then painting them black.

Hope that helps!
Thank you Skelly that pumpkin vine material has had me really puzzled. I too went up close and examined them, and have searched high and low for something that resembles it. I guess I will have to make it myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts