Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Homestead is right about the solenoid, the hinges are also great for mounting coffin covers:D

·
Shadow box dancer
1,394 Posts
The motor needs to be geared down if you are going to use it. They spin at a high rpm. If you look in fridges with ice makers the motor in those has a gear reduction you can use.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,394 Posts
Oh and also the front of the dishwasher normally is decorative and can be popped out. It is made of a 3 foot square sheet of thin aluminum that is great for use in halloween projects.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Oh and also the front of the dishwasher normally is decorative and can be popped out. It is made of a 3 foot square sheet of thin aluminum that is great for use in halloween projects.
Some actually come with several layers in different colors too, so you can occasionally get 5-6 sheets of the aluminum
:D

·
Funeral Crasher
7,435 Posts
You can also hold it at the top with one hand and shake it for a neat thunder sound!!

I usually also keep the long, thin metal strips that hold the 3 ft sheet in place. They are thin enough to work with if you need to fabricate a lightweight motor crank or bend them in a "L" shape for L-brackets.

Also keep those long, flexible springs attached to the cables underneath the door.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I made use of the rollers that guide the bottom rack in and out, used one to hold the strings for a FCG. The way the rollers were made I was able to tightly attach it to the end of the arm controlling the strings and it spun freely as the arm rotated and FCG went up and down.

·
Technological Terror
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What do you think you might do?
I haven't taken the thing apart yet.... been working on other projects, but I need to get to it. It's in my way all the time in my shop. I'm on call this weekend so I will be at home. Hopefully, I can start taking it apart. Maybe something will come to mind then.

·
Technological Terror
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bet the box would make one hack of a fog chiller sense it already insulated!
That's a good idea. I just think this one is a little too old to be reused. The seals on the sides of the door are very worn. However, I am planning to build some kind of chiller before next year, so I might see what I can do with it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts