Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or perhaps it should be "Appearing Ghost"?

At any rate, I'm thinking out loud here, wondering if anyone has tried something like this yet (I'm sure someone out there has).

I belong to a couple of Halloween forums, and this was posted at one of them recently: http://www.wackyarchives.com/offbeat/easy-do-it-yourself-ghost.html

I'm wondering, could one make this from a roll of screen for windows/doors, that would make it darker...paint it with a RIT mixture, set it far back in a scene, and then have it light now and then with a black light connected to a footswitch?

I mean, would it look like the ghost was appearing and then disappearing? My initial thought was to connect the black light to a thunder and lightning machine, and when it went off, the black light would trigger, showing the ghost only during the lightning flash...however I'm afraid that the lightning flash would ruin the black light's effect. For that matter, you might not even really need the black light with the "lightning" lighting up the ghost?

Unfortunately, I can't go get the materials to try it out yet. I'd love some feedback if someone has tried it, or can see something obviously wrong with the idea. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Hey!

If a Ghost doesn't disappear..it's not a Ghost!
I made a very thin cut-out that the breeze could rotate in my yard, covered plywood with opaque plastic sheeting, he had some people "going" at night.
"It was there! "

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
What if you were to paint the mesh a draker gray and then place a light on a dimer effect on the ground inside the figure so the figure would fade in and out with the light?

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have two of the screw-in Feit twist black light bulbs that I use in a spotlight stake. They come on as soon as it's powered up. Since I already have a use for them, I was thinking of buying one of the screw-in LED black light clusters I've been seeing lately, and putting it in a single spotlight stake for this. I don't know if those take warm-up time or not. Still, as someone mentioned, a dimmer would take care of that if I eliminated the TnL machine, or had it running separately from the black light.

I like the "rotating"ghost idea, too!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts