Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i was experimenting with directing fog with a hose when i got an unexpected result- instead of fog floating out of the other end it came rolling out like from a chiller. I used a length of "universal drain hose" from Home Depot that i had left over. It's $9 for a length of it, maybe 8 feet or so. I used about half of what was in the bag.

I had to put 3 slits in the end and use a rubber band to hold it to the nozzle of the fog machine. You can coil it up to get a shorter distance or roll it out to direct it somewhere away from your machine. It sort of works like the copper coil on a moonshine still.

I have one of those cheap "screamer" fog machines so i don't know if it will work as well on bigger machines... you might have to use the whole length of hose. For the price give it a shot. No need to worry about replenishing ice or hacking up an old cooler, or getting a cooler out of someone's garbage only to spill horrible fish guts water on your pants. Yeah, it sucked.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I just built a vortex type fog chiller with that exact same type of hose. I coiled it through a $5 styrofoam cooler from Walmart. I used about 10 feet of hose and have it entering and exiting the cooler from opposite sides near the bottom. It works great with the 700w fog machine I was using. The fog spreads out and stays low for a long time. The best part is that with the smaller size pipe and cooler, I can run it for 5 hours with a single bag of ice dumped inside. The ice can make contact with the entire hose surface and does a great job chilling the fog.

Eric
________
Honda NR750

1 - 3 of 3 Posts