Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on more props today. So im building direction signs. Im going to put a couple of these out.
Im deciding on what color to paint. Maybe white..... im not sure yet. Im going to put names like
"Camp Crystal Lake" and "Bates Motel" on them. The sign is 6 feet tall so as you walk by it is at eye
level and the lowest one is at 4 feet from the ground. I could use more suggestions for names to put
on the signs also. Tnx.

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

Like this one, maybe grey?

Direction sign.jpg

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Hey. I'm digging those direction signs you gave by way of example. ;) :D
(They are mine.)

I LOVE the Camp Crystal Lake idea. I always thought I should have done something different than Bates Motel (since that is not really a place), I want to add a Bodega Bay at some point.

I super like having the signs on the post idea.

I have seen a lot of directional signs be brown with white lettering. Actually, the ones I did are not painted grey. They are white, and then painted black over the white. Then sanded. So that the black only is left in the irregular surfaces.
Let me find photo for you.

202538_425920397454029_609031911_o.jpg

·
Registered
454 Posts
"I could use more suggestions for names to put on the signs also."

Amityville

Elm Street

Jerusalem's Lot

Castle Rock

Overlook Hotel

Talbot Castle

Tower of London

The Black Lagoon

Skull Island

Emerald City

Munchkin Land

Gotham

Metropolis

Atlantis

Never-never Land

Wonder Land

Hobbiton

Mordor

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Built the 2nd sign this morning a few minutes ago. I like the wider pallet wood versus the more narrow.
I made the point at 30 degrees and the back cut in at 45 degrees. I might make one more maybe.
I need to figure if to paint them or not and what color, maybe gray?

IMG_1026.jpg

The Builders Triangle has been awesome and for only $2 is has helped my build a lot of props so far.

IMG_1028.jpg

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good stuff! I like the bent arrow..... I finished weather staining all my fences today. So a lot of progress in May. 6 sections 8 feet long
and 6 sections 4 feet long of wooden fences built and weather stained. 2 direction signs built as well. Prop building continues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good stuff! I like the bent arrow..... I finished weather staining all my fences today. So a lot of progress in May. 6 sections 8 feet long
and 6 sections 4 feet long of wooden fences built and weather stained. 2 direction signs built as well. Prop building continues.
Awesome job so far. This sign is going to be the only "cutesy" thing this year. I have a corner house, so this is perfect. However, I plan to do a DIY broomstick, along with a skeleton dog chained to the post...So may ideas, so little time.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Awesome job so far. This sign is going to be the only "cutesy" thing this year. I have a corner house, so this is perfect. However, I plan to do a DIY broomstick, along with a skeleton dog chained to the post...So may ideas, so little time.
Thats how I feel. Thats why I started building props in November right after The big day Oct 31. Keep on building as we have 4 months till October and 5 till the big day.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts