Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have been toying with trying to direct my chilled fog so that it give a river effect. I was thinking about using hay bales (pumpkin patch theme) to create dams and redirect the fog. Does anyone have experience with this or hints/tips for me? Your expertise is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I use pvc pipe, just slip the pipe over where the fog exits the fogger. It helps spread the fog out. Drill some holes in the pipe where you want the fog to come out. Simple, cheap, pretty effective.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
oh i can help you............use a black corregated drainage pipe!!..............i also take a bag of ice and put in the pipe and tape up the holes i dont want fog to go out of and set up 2 foggers at each end and run it, you can put in the bushes or top of a hill to flow down...........its a great effect, EASY EASY!! putting the ice in the tube is also a neat thing to help cool it more, just jiggle it around to spread it out. then if thats not the spread effect you like use a pvc and drill holes in it or go buy a flex tubing and drill also........wind will control your fog no matter what you try if its breezy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great tips guys but I guess what I'm trying to do is change the flow running down my slope once the fog has left the chiller tube. I was thinking I could use 12v computer fans to change direction but I think it might disapate the fog. I think I'll set up some tests this weekend

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fog is notoriously finicky stuff. Ambient temperature plays a big role too since most fog chillers (home made seem to be better than the store-bought ones) are only effective at condensing the fog into a stream that stays together if the air is warmer than the fog, an infrequent circumstance at night in my state. The less distance you have it exposed to the air before reaching your target area the better. Good luck!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Any wind will definitely cause issues, but if the ambient temperature is warmer than the chilled fog, it will flow down a channel. Adding a fan will push the fog through more quickly but will add some turbulence so you might want to run the output through a diffuser if it doesn't come out evenly enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts