Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I mean, if you are a guy and paint your nails feel free to answer :p

I see all these awesome nails on Pinterest that deal with Halloween. Have any of you ever done it free hand, care to share pictures?

Is it really hard to do it yourself? If you follow me on Pinterest I probably have some pinned but it might be under my "makeup" section.

Any tips?

I grabbed some fallish/Halloween colors today. I got an orange that looked more like a dark..burnt orange I guess? But it turned out much brighter than it appeared in the bottle. Would look awesome contrasted with some black.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I didn't do them myself....I take the phone and show it to the gal who does my mani/pedis. She has really thin little brushes and uses acrylic paints after the nail color dried a little.
View attachment 166265
View attachment 166266
View attachment 166267
I love the spider webs! She did a great job.

I might just take a pic and get it done professionally. I have been trying to figure out how to post a pic, let me see if I can post the ideas I found.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yay! I actually figured out how to post pics!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love those too. I like the white background. When she did my black toes that nail polish is really hard to remove and whiten up your nails again. She had to soak them in peroxide. I personally pick one design, and she does a complimenting design on the other toes or hands.

I love the white too. I have been looking everywhere for a matte white...but no luck :( I can't find any of the matte colors. I like them over the shiny/glitter. The orange I used tonight is slightly glittery in light.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I don't do too much beyond solid coats of polish, but I did do a Soul Eater Medusa manicure once upon a time. (No clue what I'm talking about? No worries, though that anime does have a Halloween theme character!) Picture black polish base nails with a yellow arrow on each one. Pretty simple shape, and roughly the same size on each nail. The secret to simple shapes? Tape. I drew an arrow about the right size on a post-it, then put tape over that and cut out 10 little arrow shapes. Paint the black, let it dry, put on the tape pieces with the cutout, paint the yellow with a couple of coats, let that dry, remove the tape. This works okay in reverse, too - using the pieces you cut out instead of the larger piece you cut from, then painting over them, dry, and peel off to show the underneath layer. Gotta be careful with any topcoat so it doesn't smudge but this works pretty well.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You make it sound so easy, haha! I bet it looked awesome!

I usually stick with the one solid color too. I like to consider myself intelligent, but I lack creativity like woah.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I do hair and nails professionally. Practice makes perfect! Especially since painting with your non-dominant hand can be tricky. There are also TONS of tutorials online. Lots of youtubers and bloggers like to show you how to achieve certain looks.
vampire-diaries-canines-cool-nails-Favim.com-701971.jpg

These ones are super adorable :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
I do Halloween nails nearly year round on myself. If you aren't well-versed in free hand painting, I'd suggest the Konad nail stamps. They are easy to use and you can make some really professional results.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I love the white too. I have been looking everywhere for a matte white...but no luck :( I can't find any of the matte colors. I like them over the shiny/glitter. The orange I used tonight is slightly glittery in light.
Don't worry about finding matte nail colors. What you need is a matte top coat, like this one>

http://newyorkcolor.com/products/nails#term-83

Works like a charm for under $2 and it's available at WalMart. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts