Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas for party dinner/paperware? I never liked that party city pumpkins and skeletons crap. We are doing a haunted hotel theme, 1940s era. Would love to have some clever dinnerware. Big party, lots of hors d'ovres type food..... Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
Someone (maybe Dollar Tree) has some plastic plates and plastic wear that look like silver. They would work with a black tablecloth and have an old elegant look. They also have serving pieces in the silver look.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I like the silver idea - Dollar Tree has different sized "silver" platters that would work. Also, I think you can sometimes find clear glass plates at Dollar Tree & other thrift stores. Buy those and then cut out an image of your hotel name, monogram, halloween-printed scrapbook paper/napkin or other spooky picture that you like. Water down some dollar store glue and then decoupage the image onto the bottom of the glass plate. Like this:

http://www.prettyhandygirl.com/citrus-glass-plates-decoupage/

If you use a Halloween motif, you could reuse the plates every year.
:cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
It is always great to have paper cutlery but that wont go with your theme. Use the best silverware and make sure all your guests are mature people who wont break any glasses once the party gets good . Hehe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts