Halloween Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Both invites are worded really well. I'm partial to the vampire invite since that is my theme at my party as well this year. I guess it really depends on how you plan on decorating. I've noticed a lot of vampire stuff out this year thanks to Twilight & TrueBlood. Michael's has a line of Halloween decorating products called Halloween Bling which have a victorian style to them and would really go well with the vampire theme. I plan on decorating my upstairs with this type stuff and go really scary in the basement (castle walls, coffins, etc.).

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've thrown a Halloween party for the last 8 years and have had a blast every year. None of my decorations are theme specific. Just like you mentioned, I always tend to match my costume to my invite but have never required my guests to wear a certain themed costumes. It's always exciting to see the variety of costumes every year. As for my basement, it is unfinished and we buy the "wrap" to put up on the walls. We've had haunted house the last few years but will go back to the dungeon look this year to go better with the vampire theme. We usually make one new prop and this year's will probably be a Nosferatu prop. This year my invitation will be probably be sent with a tester bottle or test tube bottle full of fake blood or a stake with an invite tied to it. Not sure which would be better. Last year I did mini books of the dead and the year before was bloody fingers in box with black ribbon tied around it as a "reminder" of the date. My guests really enjoy getting their "unique" invite each year. Both themes you picked are cool but with the vamp stuff really mainstream right now, your guests my really like and identify with it. I'm looking forward to having it myself. Let my know what you end up deciding.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.