Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a prop i recently built. it was the first addition to The Blackwood Asylum. it is an elctro-therapy chair (electric chair if your in a prison) I also have a Crate that i will be sitting in and shaking that says
Blackwood
Asylum
Isolation
Unit

Caution

Criminally
Insane

i built it out of fence boards.
ANYWAYS... for my electric chair i want to have a fog cannon. by that i mean a way to blast fog at high speeds (not at the TOTs ill use clean air for that lol) through some black vinyl tubing i got to look like heavy cables.
I have a basic design thought of but it has some major kinks.
I was going to have a large tank (large PVC capped off or valved up properly) with the fog in it and a one way valve to a compressor with a solenoid(to prevent the fog from back flowing into the compressor).
would dry ice work in my tank as the fogger

also... is there any way to make fog on demand rapidly like when a motion detecot or pressure mat is triggered fog with start to form?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dry ice no. Good Fog machine yes. Just have the solenoid on a push button switch for an actor and (this is what we do ) place the fogger controller under the arm rest on the chair. Then have a splitter in the hose that will be shooting the air and from the splittered (probably not a word) part pump in fog then when the air goes off.....WHOOSH!
fog in their faces :)

Wiz

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dry ice no. Good Fog machine yes. Just have the solenoid on a push button switch for an actor and (this is what we do ) place the fogger controller under the arm rest on the chair. Then have a splitter in the hose that will be shooting the air and from the splittered (probably not a word) part pump in fog then when the air goes off.....WHOOSH!
fog in their faces :)

Wiz
Liek what kind of fogger? any links you could post? I don't want to spend much money. I already have 2 foggers, a regular fogger and a small one that is one of those juiceless ones that runs only on water

·
Registered
17 Posts
Liek what kind of fogger? any links you could post? I don't want to spend much money. I already have 2 foggers, a regular fogger and a small one that is one of those juiceless ones that runs only on water
Any fogger with a 400 watt heater or more should do the trick nicely. it doesnt have to be a big one but the bigger the better!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think I've ever seen a "juiceless" fogger. Would you happen to have a link for that?

Or are you talking about a mister? Ultrasonic Water Fogger The Mist Maker
yes i am talking about this kind. its small, i could put it in my "tank" but i don't know what volume of fog it would produce. i do know that its slow

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No . It's the large piece of PVC that is after the compressor. The compressor sends pressurized air through a solenoid valve then throught my PVC tank holding the fog and from there it travels through a length of 3/4" pipe and splits into two smaler pipes that go to the head and ankle of my dummy in the chair

·
Registered
17 Posts
oh. ok i see. you dont need a tank after the compressor tank. just a length of pipe or hose with a Y splitter tp pump the fog in.

Wiz

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so i just put the fogger fight at the y and itll work? i was thinking that the fog might not go into the y but around it and only a little into the y

·
Registered
285 Posts
Skip the compressed air entirely.

Use a 1000 watt fogger so you have some volume and velocity.
You can have that triggered on demand, it may miss on a rare occassion during a heating cycle.
There are number of instructions on how to hack a fogger trigger to add mat switches etc. As stated earlier, the manual trigger hidden and actor activated will work just fine too.

You can have a reservoir of fog, but this isnt important.

You have not said what size hose you plan to use to pass the fog thru, this is a very important detail!

If it is something like 3/4" to 1" pipe you will need to have an expansion chamber to get the most out of your fog.

Start with a pice of 1" pipe to come from the fog nozzle, and permit a small air gap at the junction to allow air to mix with the fog.

Then you will want to adapt that up to a 4" diameter pipe, about 9"-12" long.

Here it gets tricky:
1) Where will this "cable" be? on the ground? hanging from above? on the chair?
2) How many cables will there be?
3) where is the fogger going to be?

Once I know these, I can help you neck down from the 4" chamber properly so you get the most fog from this rig.
You loose a lot sending fog directly into narrow hose from a fogger.
If you do not step it down the back pressure will send it shooting from the fogger and it will barely get into the hoses.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't want to buy another fogger. I have a 400 watt. the "cable" is a black vinyl tube about 3/8'' in diameter. there are two "cables". one to go to his head (about 15 ft long) and one to go to his ankle (about 10 ft long). the "cables" come out of a fake breaker box about 3 fet off the ground. the one that goes to my dummies head is secured to the top of the chair at 5 feet high and then hangs about a foot and is attached to the dummies head. the second one droops to the gound and is only about a foot high when it is secured to the ankle locks on the chair
the pvc will snake along the ground until it reaches the braker box and then turn stright up into it.

if my knowledge of physics is correct (it shouold be.. im going into my senior year of high school) wont the rapid movent of air though the pipe pull a vacuum at the T thus pulling in fog. i do want some ambient fog also so some leakage is ok.
***************************************** ______
******************************** to head /
solenoid/compressor----------T--------<========_____ Chair
**********************fogger***|*********to ankle
********************this is in my fake braker box

sry about the * i needed a space filler to line things up right. a used spaces but it was all jumbled up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts