Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the difference between standard fog fluid and the ones that specifically say they are for use in water based foggers?

Seems to be top secret the ingredients used in commercial fluid. I have a new water based fogger that uses distilled water along with fog fluid. I was hoping to find out how I can increase the density of the fog by adding ???.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just like e-cigarettes, vegetable glycerine produced the most amount of fog. I've made my own the past few years mixing 25-30% VG and 70-75% distilled water. Don't use tap or spring water since that will leave deposits on the heating element. You can get VG at your local supermarket but I've found Amazon to be cheaper. Go for the Kosher USP stuff so you don't have to worry as much about impurities giving you headaches if you breathe it in. I've had zero issues with my fog machine clogging up between seasons in case you're worried about that as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just like e-cigarettes, vegetable glycerine produced the most amount of fog. I've made my own the past few years mixing 25-30% VG and 70-75% distilled water. Don't use tap or spring water since that will leave deposits on the heating element. You can get VG at your local supermarket but I've found Amazon to be cheaper. Go for the Kosher USP stuff so you don't have to worry as much about impurities giving you headaches if you breathe it in. I've had zero issues with my fog machine clogging up between seasons in case you're worried about that as well.
Just placed my order from Amazon.....

Thanks!

The mystery still is.... What is the Diff between "normal" fog juice used in standard fog machines and the stuff that goes in the machines that use both fog juice and water....

I have a Chauvet Cumulus that has the water atomizers and uses both Distilled Water in one tank and for the Fog Juice it says to use only juice for "water-cased fig machines."

Is the standard juice using something other than "water" and "vegetable glycerin"??

·
Registered
61 Posts
I may be wrong here but as far as I know the water only atomizers are like the tea light sized devices you drop into water for a cauldron type of effect so I've only messed a few cheap ones. As far as the mfg stating water based fog machines (like the VG and water juice) as opposed to the oil based machines. Here's a page describing the main difference in machines, even if it focuses on the effect itself. The disclaimer is there because they operate for a similar purpose in VERY different ways. Look at it like this, your car or truck runs on either gasoline or diesel fuel. They both combust and turn your wheels but they do so in very different ways that don't allow for exchanging fuel between the different types of engines. In the case of the oil based 'fog' juice, it's designed for a completely different style of machine and could quite possibly start a fire if you used it in a water based fog machine.

Long story short, make sure you run distilled water or water based fog juice in your machine. If you buy it ready made, make sure it's not oil based for a 'Hazer'.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts