Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
black light queen
2,541 Posts
real 365nm led's are expensive

there are a lot of counterfeits and most are nearer to 400nm than 365nm wavelength

real 365nm wavelength isn't visible to the eye ... if you see how "bright" the background is you'll know that it's not 365nm

now that's not to say that 395nm "black lights" don't have their place, but if you're looking for a dim background where the uv reactive paints "pop" 365nm is king

fluorescent black lights guarantee real black light, so that's my go to ... they come in various configurations, compact fluorescent & linear

they also make mercury vapor black lights, but i've never tried any, so far ;-) ... the bulbs are inexpensive, but they require an "expensive" ballast

amk

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
real 365nm led's are expensive

there are a lot of counterfeits and most are nearer to 400nm than 365nm wavelength

real 365nm wavelength isn't visible to the eye ... if you see how "bright" the background is you'll know that it's not 365nm

now that's not to say that 395nm "black lights" don't have their place, but if you're looking for a dim background where the uv reactive paints "pop" 365nm is king

fluorescent black lights guarantee real black light, so that's my go to ... they come in various configurations, compact fluorescent & linear

they also make mercury vapor black lights, but i've never tried any, so far ;-) ... the bulbs are inexpensive, but they require an "expensive" ballast

amk
If you watch more of his videos, you will find this: I never knew this existed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts