Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone answer my stupid question of what's the difference between a fogger that just uses fog juice and a fogger that uses ice? besides the fact that one uses juice the other ice. does the ice one last longer or something or what? Thanks

·
Registered
460 Posts
All foggers use fog juice (fluid) even the ones that have a place for ice, you put the ice in there to cool the fog down so that it stays low to the ground.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Never a stupid question.

Love fog chillers :)

They are absolutely essential for fog machines. Don't waste your time buying a fogger without building or buying a chiller to go with it.

And dry ice works best :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i read somewhere else that foggers can use distilled water, can all foggers run off of distilled water or just some of them? thanks so much for everyones help

·
Registered
822 Posts
An excellent question.

There are several types. One uses an old cooler. Another and I would argue far more efficient is the trash can chiller.

Both do a decent job but the trash can chiller allows the smoke to travel a longer path making it colder so it lasts longer.

Some links:

This is to the cooler chiller

Fog Machines - Your Guide to using Fog Machines for Halloween

This for the trash can chiller

Ghosts of Halloween

I'm uploading my video from last year and will post soon so you can see.

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
There is a post in the props section that has a step by step on how to build a fog chiller.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Texmaster, why do you say it would only work well inside? I have always (the past 3 years) shot my fog machine through a tube like that filled with either dry ice, or just regular ice. It has always worked well for me. This is the first year that I will make one out of a storage bin and a dryer lint hose. Haven't built it yet so I really don't know if it will be any different.

·
Registered
625 Posts
At an amusement park, instead of using a pvc pipe with fog machine they were using like a tube that used for rain gutters, and they put holes in it every so number of feet. To me, it was pretty effective. That way they spread out the fog instead of just having it in one place.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Texmaster, why do you say it would only work well inside? I have always (the past 3 years) shot my fog machine through a tube like that filled with either dry ice, or just regular ice. It has always worked well for me. This is the first year that I will make one out of a storage bin and a dryer lint hose. Haven't built it yet so I really don't know if it will be any different.
Wind for the most part. The outside enviroment makes it much harder to keep fog at ground level from my personal experience so more extreme cooling I found was needed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts